Chapter 3

A/N: Unlike the characters I created, stray kids members are all real people. So to make their edits, I decided to use their real life mottos which I found on the internet. Chan's just happened to be "Just enjoy~".

Pov: Bang Chan

Feeling the warm sunlight on my face, I woke up from my 2 hour sleep. The clock read 6 am.

I just lied there for a couple of minutes, watching the ceiling.

I'm so tired today.

I usually don't get much sleep, as I suffer from insomnia, but I'm also mentally  exhausted lately. Not only do I have to take care of my responsibilities as a leader, but I also have to look out for my own safety. Ever since that one unfortunate night two days ago, I've encountered so many situations where I've almost gotten killed. Paranoia started getting to me every time I heard an unfamiliar noise inside the dorms.

Let's stop overthinking. It's time to start our day.

I put on a white hoodie, black jeans and sneakers, then entered the bathroom to freshen up. Upon leaving my room, I noticed how empty it felt without any of the other members sharing it with me.

I'd talked to the managers about changing our rooming arrangements these days. We had settled on putting me in a room all by myself, the reason being the members' safety. I was the only targetted one here, and I wouldn't want any of them to get into harm's way if a trespasser were to infiltrate my room.

The door gently clicked on my way out, so as to not disturb the sleeping members. We had a huge concert two days ago, and they were finally getting their much deserved rest.

I left the dorms to go visit the cafeteria. Maybe if I got myself some fuel for the day, I could start working on the new track.

The cafeteria was pretty empty, with a few idols and staff scattered here and there. I opted for soup, along with rice and kimchi. I find myself craving a nice, warm bowl of soup on days when I feel under the weather. It does a good job at calming down my nerves.

At about 7 am,  I headed to my studio. On my way, I saw some brownish-yellow haired guy running around the building while laughing like a madman. "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!" he yelled.

Who is he talki-?

My manager is chasing after him.

"Pfffftt.." I couldn't stop myself from giving out a hearty laugh. The fact that the man was so far behind, and panting, didn't help my case at all.

They made me enter my studio while still wearing a smile. Maybe today wasn't that bad after all.

I was able to get some work done in half an hour, until I got a text from Innie asking me to join him at the gym. He'd rather I call him I.N or Jeongin, but he'd just have to deal with us still babying him. No matter how old he got, he'd always be our one and only precious maknae.

I wore my earpods and hurried out of the room, excited to show him the new track I was working on.

I made it to the hallways, but never to the gym.

In a matter of seconds, my body was harshly shoved into a wall, while two other figures appeared out of nowhere. The first one I saw, was a girl about the same height as me. She had me stuck to the wall while she faced the hooded person in front of us. The other was staring back at her with hatred clouding his eyes, and his wrist had been violently halted in her firm grip.

He was holding a knife. And it was not clean.

Before I could even make sense of my surroundings, the girl pounced on him and twisted his arm, causing the sharp object to fall with a clang. Not a moment later, he was on the ground with his hands behind his back, and her frame on top of his.

I watched as she lifted a device attached to her jacket, and requested for backup.

It seems that a guy was already close behind, so he came running to contain the intruder, getting him out of her hold.

"Olivier Roche, were you following me?" Her icy voice reached my ears. It sounded dangerously calm, enough to intimidate me even though I wasn't on the receiving end of her wrath.

Wait, isn't this the guy that gave me the laugh of my life earlier? What's going on here?

"I did, because I needed to apologize. But now's not the time cause you're bleedi-!" He tried to speak worriedly, but didn't get to finish.

"Change of plans. Take this guy to the others, and tell them to wait for me. We're starting that meeting right away. Our client is in bigger danger than we'd originally thought," she ordered.

The boy, who I now knew as Olivier, hesitantly nodded, while dragging the half conscious man down the halls, leaving her and I alone.

"Why is it that only you need bodyguards? Why none of the other members?" I realized she was speaking to me now, even though she hadn't turned to look at me yet.

If anyone else were to find out about what I saw, they'd probably be in just as much peril.

"Let's just sayyy..." I dug through my mind, trying to search for an appropriate reply, but all I came up with was, "I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time."

Hope that's enough..

She had been facing her back to me all this time, so I couldn't help but feel nervous when she slowly turned around.

... She's beautiful.

That was my only thought when I saw her look into my eyes for the first time. Her brown, almost black pupils held zero emotion and seemed unfazed by the whole situation.

She must be used to this.

Her all black outfit showed off her toned figure, and her red lipstick only accentuated her powerful image.

Although late, my eyes finally caught sight of the crimson liquid dripping down her hand.

I was about to freak out, but I suddenly realized that her gaze started traveling from my face, all the way down to my feet.

I feel a tiny bit self-conscious.

When it made its way back to my face, she stoically stated, "All clear. No injuries in sight. How's your back?"

Her hand is bleeding.

The shock finally wore off and I snapped, "I'm obviously fine! We need to take you to the nearest hospital! What are you waiting for when your hand is looking like that ?!"

She ignored me as she turned around and stalked away. After getting to the end of the hallway, she let out a low but firm, 'Follow me'.

Something told me I had no choice but to comply.

We entered a studio where 5 people were already waiting. I could only recognize Olivier and my manager, who looked like he wanted to obliterate the former's existence, but that was irrelevant right now.

I was given a hot cup of tea to help me relax and organize the thoughts in my head. Meanwhile, everyone surrounded the bleeding girl and bandaged her hand as she rolled her eyes at their "exaggeration".

I had to sit down through their whole meeting, since they believed that I shouldn't be left alone. By the end of it, a couple of conclusions were made in my head.

1. These people are hired as my bodyguards. This means that I'll finally be able to take a breather.
2. These highly experienced agents are handpicked by their organization to protect me. The enemy must be extremely ruthless.
3. They will be switching shifts from time to time, and there will always be more than one of them within the building.
4. Olivier might be in need of his own bodyguards if he keeps riling up the manager.
5. Her name is Scarlett. Chu Scarlett.

A/N: To those who might not know, "maknae" is a korean word which means "youngest sibling". The youngest member in a kpop group is often referred to as the maknae.