Chapter 55

Pov: Ra Minji

It's fine.

I'll be alright.

I'm strong. I can fight this.

I left the doctor's clinic and walked down the cold empty halls with heavy steps, squeezing my shoulder bag's strap. A particular room attracted my attention. It was filled with patients waiting for their turn. Some looked careless as they scrolled through magazines, while others tapped their feet on the ground, hoping for the best, yet expecting the worst.

I, on the other hand, had left with good news. The tumor was shrinking and there was a chance I could get cured with just therapy. So why was I so sad?

The doctor kept praising this new anonymous genius who had found a cure to my specific kind of cancer. It didn't require any hair loss or surgery.

Though I had heard such great news, I still worried as I trudged down the stairs. The person who founded the 'cure' could be a genius according to my doctor, but it didn't change the fact that I was one of the first people to try out their hormonal therapy. I simply wasn't convinced. There was no way it could be that easy.

The side effects to the therapy wouldn't leave me alone either. My hot flashes were getting worse; I'd sometimes feel like my upper body was on fire and I couldn't hide it from others anymore. Scarlett had seen it once during our training and Minho had noticed it twice. Then there was the fatigue and nausea. Those, I didn't even want to talk about.

On the bright side, the hot flashes only lasted for a maximum of thirty minutes and I'd go back to normal.

Even when I was guarding, I'd make sure I had other guards with me. I couldn't risk putting Minho or the others in danger just because I was facing such setbacks.

And I was not willing to tell this to anyone except Scarlett. She was my leader, and though she looked scary at first, she turned out to be the most caring person.

She'd always make sure I was fine before and after practice. She wouldn't treat me like I was an unfortunate being; she'd make me feel normal even though she knew about my case. I loved and respected her even more after spending so much time with her.

I finally left the hospital and sighed.

It's alright, Minji.

You're doing great.

Now go home, take a shower, and sleep. You have to wake up early for work tomorrow.

***

He's so beautiful.

He's just sitting there, watching the buildings pass by outside our van. How does he manage to look like a painting while doing absolutely nothing but breathing?

I looked away when he turned to talk to me, hoping he didn't catch me staring while playing with the zipper of my cardigan. I'd often get nervous around him, which would cause me to act even more absurdly than usual.