Chapter 35

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

"Give me a bit of time, please. I'm not ready.. yet." She started complaining again, so I had to add the 'yet'.

"Liliane Chevalier, how much longer am I going to hear that? You yourself wanted this, remember? What made you change your mind so suddenly?"

"I know, mother. But please just let me think it through again." I heard a disappointed sigh come from her side of the line and guilt started consuming me. I had to change the subject. "We're holding the photoshoot you were excited about today. Three of the models you specifically asked for will be there. I'm in the car, almost arrived."

"Oh, yes. I heard, dear. Mother and Father are proud of you." My favorite words to hear.

"I also finished studying 'Gaspard de la nuit'. My piano teacher praised me an hour ago," I added, showing off my achievements.

I had woken up at 6 am today, and gotten on a video call with my teacher. There are exactly eight hours between our two countries, so it was 10 am in France at the time. She finally heard me play the full version of the one and only Ravel's masterpiece. It had taken me so much time to finally learn it. Even though I was praised, she still gave me pointers on how to perfect it.

I'll get it right next time. I know I will. I just need a bit more practice.

"Your father will be delighted to hear that. He's been asking me about it this past month," she chuckled, pausing to take a sip from her wine, I assumed. "I wish I could talk to you further, but your father and I have a meeting to go to. Good luck, my treasure."

"Thank you. Good luck to you too. Say 'hi' to father for me." The call ended, and I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding. Talking to her was unimaginably stressful given the fact that I had to tiptoe around the topic of my engagement all the time.

I continued reading the news articles about the latest trends in Korea, and took mental notes of how I should work on my sketches.

Yes, people. I can read in the car with no motion sickness hindering me. Get jealous all you want.

After I was halfway done with my research, the car came to a stop. "We've arrived," the chauffeur informed.

Wonderful.

The building was in the middle of a forest. I liked it since it would put the models in a good mood. Nature always brings out the creativity in you.

As soon as I stepped out, Valérie, my assistant, came to welcome me. She was a brown and curly haired girl in her late twenties. As always, she wore a pencil skirt and matching shirt.

She's a bit too bubbly, and tries too hard to gain my favor, but she's good at her job and that's all that matters to me.

"You look absolutely stunning, miss Chevalier. Where did you get those heels from? And I love the jumpsuit!"

"Ricardo sent me the heels. I designed the jumpsuit."

Same as I, Ricardo was a fashion designer. Only he focused on shoes while I loved clothing more. Most of my heels were exclusively made for me. They were one of a kind gifts from him.

The white jumpsuit though, was something I designed for myself. I styled it with a mustard trench coat to give a bold touch to my otherwise simple clothing.

"Your future fiancé is such a gentleman!" she squealed, "We've been waiting for you. This new line is definitely going to be a success. The models have started shooting and I can already see it on the cover of every magazine out there. Soon enough, 'Chevalier' will be all over Korea!" She led me inside the building.