Chapter 31

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

As soon as my two hour ride came to an end, I found myself knocking on the dorms' door.

"You're here," Olivier said, inviting me in. "You didn't answer my call. What's up with that?"

"Unlike you, I had work to do. Did you shamelessly forget that I had a meeting today? My phone was on airplane mode." I pushed him aside, barging into the dorms.

"Can you keep it down?!" he whispered, pulling me into the living room. "Scar is sleeping, the idols are at practice, and Minho is on set."

"Sleeping? That's good. So why did you call me? It's almost evening. When's the antidote coming?" I asked, leaning on the sofa, making myself at home.

"That's exactly why I called. The antidote already got here. She took it and slept because she'd stayed up all night according to Chan- how does he know that anyway?!" He stopped to ask me, but turned back around when he couldn't find the slightest bit of interest on my face. "Anyway, I'm not telling anyone about it yet cause I shouldn't eat the rice cake after the soup."

I took some napkins and threw them at his damp face. "You butchered the idiom, espèce d'idiot! You were trying to say that you shouldn't eat the rice cake before you're given kimchi soup." I playfully hit him. "You should have gone with the 'counting chickens before they hatch' one."

He caught the napkins just in time and wiped his forehead. "Well, excuse me, madame je-sais-tout, but I'm not that familiarized with Korean culture yet."

He did not just call me a know-it-all.

I grabbed a pillow off the sofa and hurled it at him, giving rise to pillow fight round two. "You lost miserably last time. What makes you think you have a chance today?" I challenged.

"May I so kindly remind you that our last fight ended with one of your freshly done nails on the floor?" He stood behind the sofa, leaning on it and spinning a pillow around in his hand. He cackled at the memory of my despair.

"Then this one will have to end with one of your freshly cut fingers on the floor!" I almost jumped at him, but went rigid at the sound of a tiny voice.

"Wah," Seungmin stood at the door and switched his wide eyes from me, to Olive, and back to me again. His mouth was still agape with a faint smile barely visible.

Oh, boy.

Liliane Chevalier, who came from a meeting and is wearing a totally professional suit, is in someone else's living room, using their pillows to hit a blockhead. On top of that, one of her heels is around the room somewhere, and her bare foot is on the sofa because the useless flesh of a human being in front of her decided to use said sofa as a fort.

Liliane Chevalier, who offered Seungmin to model foe her company because of his dandy looks, is now showing him anything but her dandy side. She is staring at his stunned face, too afraid to look away, hoping and praying that it's all a dream.

Why isn't he saying anything?

He's most definitely rethinking the offer now..

He figured out the scene, letting out a gentle little laugh as his eyes twinkled. "Those pillows are too soft. You two are exhausting your efforts. Do you want the harder ones from my room?"

...And the innocent smile never left his face.

Did I hear him right?

"Yooo, you're here again!" Chan grinned as he appeared next to Seungmin. I had already fixed my posture and my lost heel was back in my hands.