Chapter 25

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

"Hyunjin.." I heard a voice in my sleep. "Hello? Hyunjin, wake up.." The hushed voice kept calling me while I pretended to be in deep slumber, just to see what else she'd do to wake me up.

"Hyunjin.." Her warm hand took hold of mine and played with my fingers, unaware of the effect it had on my heartbeat. I got more nervous as I felt her eyes pinned on my face.

Glad I'm not the only one who gaped at the other's sleeping face.

All at once, she let go of my hand and stumbled away from the couch I was rested on. "You're awake, aren't you?!" She wasn't whispering anymore.

A smirk creeped onto my lips as I opened my eyes to see Isabelle sliding further away from me and covering her mouth with her hand- even though she already had a mask on. The light from the heater reflected onto her cheeks, making me wonder if she was truly blushing or if it was just a hopeful illusion of mine.

I smiled at how incredulously shocked she looked. "Good morning, Isabelle."

"It's no morning, Hyunjin. It's 8 pm. I woke you because I just got up too, and I thought that.. maybe you'd feel more comfortable sleeping in your own bed? You're too tall for this couch. Why did you have to act all stubborn?" she whined.

"Did you sleep comfortably?"

"Yes, I did. Your roommate is still asleep too. He seemed to be pretty close to Scarlett, so I get how hard it must have been for him. The second he found out she was back and alive, he passed out," she giggled, remembering Changbin's condition this morning.

Isabelle couldn't sleep in her own room because she wanted to give Scarlett her privacy. I pressured her into taking my bed and leaving me on the couch by telling her that I wouldn't sleep otherwise. Honestly, I just didn't want her to sleep in the living room where anyone could enter and watch her peaceful little breaths.

"I've had enough rest. How's Scarlett?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure.. I'm too nervous to enter our room. I asked Olivier about it and he told me they'd take care of it," she sighed, rubbing her eyes. As she was sitting on the carpet in front of the heater, wearing an oversized hoodie dress, she looked unbearably cozy.

I want to hug her.

Don't.

I left for the bathroom and entered my room, getting a blanket and closing the door for Changbin to rest.

Isabelle still hadn't moved, so I approached her to cover her with the blanket. To my dismay, she got up before I could do so, leaving for the kitchen with tiny hops in her steps.

I sat down dejectedly, watching the orange illumination of the heater repaint every piece of furniture it touched.

Click.

"Now that's an instagram worthy pic. Thank me later." Seungmin smiled, swinging the camera back and forth as he entered the living room.

"Olive! Get your ass back in there! I left her alone!" We faintly heard Liliane's stomps down the hall nearing our room.

She froze as soon as she came in and saw us blinking at her. "Um, hello boys," she said, then talked into her phone, "Je suis un peu occupé, donc je te parlerai plus tard, Valerie." And she hung up.

This is the first time I see her looking so affable. Usually, she gives off 'I'm a rich celeberity, so don't approach me' vibes. Today, she has no make up on, and she's not wearing heels. Her voice also sounds less assertive than usual.