Chapter 78

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

Expectations were just another word for delusions.

You'd wake up, thinking you were going to spend a happy day with your teammates and girlfriend, but instead you'd find yourself being chased by an angry rabbit trying to feed you tissues.

"I'm gonna airfry you!" Minho claimed, sprinting after me as I found Isabelle and jumped behind her, using her as a shield.

"Snow! Tell him to behave!" I exclaimed, pointing at Minho who stopped upon reaching her.

"What's going on here?" she giggled, raising her arms and hiding me behind her.

"He's reading out loud one of the most embarrassing romantic lines I have to act out during my shoots!" Minho yelled, lunging for the script in my hands, "He's not even reading the right words! He's exaggerating everything!"

"You're shining so brilliantly!" I continued, riling Minho up even more.

"Minho, stop. It's not nice to fight," Isabelle said, glancing at the papers in my hand. It only took her a second to join me. "I never thought I'd feel this way towards anyone!"

Minho got sick of how Snow and I shared the same brain cell and resorted to chasing us both. Isabelle held my hand, running around the corridors with me.

It was all fun and games until we found Chan standing at the other end, crossing his arms and tapping his foot on the ground.

Uh oh..

The three of us slowed our paces and concluded our little game as we neared him.

"Hehe.. Hey Chan.." I murmured, scratching my neck.

"How many times do I have to tell you to refrain from running when we're at the recording studio? You need to preserve your breaths for when it's your turn," Chan scolded, shaking his head with a stubborn smile he was trying to hide.

"How the hell are you everywhere?!" Isabelle whined, walking past our leader.

He snapped back, "Aren't you supposed to be keeping them in check?"

"Hey, I'm only responsible for their safety, not their lung capacity."

We joined the others and sat down on the couch like punished kids. Seungmin was in the booth, singing even more emotionally than he used to. The girl he liked had flown to France two weeks ago and he was heartbroken because he couldn't do much to comfort her from here. He couldn't even call her his girlfriend because the opportunity to ask her was taken from him during their picnic.

I felt a tug on my shirt and looked at Isabelle who signaled for me to lean down with her finger. She tilted her head and whispered in my ear, "Let's cheer him up."

"And how do we do that?" I whispered back, accidentally tickling her and making her giggle.

"Let's change his mood. We can hide in front of his door and surprise him when he leaves the booth. Let's see if he'll get scared," she murmured, wickedly rubbing her hands together.

When I looked back up, Innie was watching us with a disgusted look on his face. Upon further inspection, he wasn't the only one. The whole room was filled with scrunched up faces.

"You two act like newlyweds!" Han anounced, proceeding to make barfing sounds.

.. Who's gonna tell him?

Snow and I awkwardly glanced at each other and laughed as she guided me to Seungmin's booth. We ducked and waited for him while the others gave us questioning looks.