Chapter 61

Pov: Chu Scarlett

A soft knock sounded from my bedroom door. "Come in," I said, watching it reveal one of my maids.

Now this was strange. The maids would usually mind their own business and I wouldn't bother them..

"Can I help you?" I asked when she seemed to wait for permission to speak.

"I was asked by the guards to recount that a document has been sent to you," she said, still staring at the ground as she placed the piece of paper on the desk.

It seems my reputation still isn't the best..
Everyone at this villa fears me because I'm an agent..

"Do you think I'm intimidating?" I asked. She was extremely young.

I've chosen all the old workers myself and handed the responsibility of new recruitments to the head maid. This girl must be new.
According to her meek attitude, she's heard exaggerated rumors.

"No, ofcourse not.." she answered.

"Then.. Can you look at me?" I continued, bobbing my head to the side. After a sharp intake of breath, she looked up, holding eye contact. "There. Was that hard?"

"I apologize for making you uncomfortable," she said, her cheeks flushed. She was a ginger with an ocean of freckles swimming on her face. They reminded me of Felix.

Red hair.. It looks good on her.

"You're a new recruit, aren't you? Why are you working at such a young age?" I stood up, walking over to her. "Tuition fees?"

"I've been working here for seven months.. I do need it for my tuition."

"I see. Can you write your name down here?" I gave her a piece of paper. My unexplained request made her anxious. "Don't worry. You're not getting fired. Please take my empty cup to the kitchen when you're done."

Why would I fire her? I'm just going to take care of her payments.

As soon as she scribbled her name down on the paper, she took the cup, nodded and left. I sat on my desk and typed out her name, sending it to one of my bodyguards for a small background check.

'I want all the information you can find about this child's family.'

I needed to see if she really did need help. After thinking it over again, I asked him to send me impersonal background checks about all of the other employees too.

Truth be told, I'm filthy rich.

I'm not the type of person who needs or likes spending lots of money so it's not really going anywhere.
I could be sitting on the couch all day, signing a few papers, and I wouldn't need a job because of all the hotels I 'run'.

Then there's my job as an agent and that.. That is a very well paying job. The higher your rank and stars, the more you get payed.
Ofcourse, my hotels are even more profitable, but that's a given. I own hotels everywhere around the world..

So what do I do with the money except stuff it in banks?
I make donations. Lots and lots of donations. Any need or cause I can find, I donate.

It's not that I'm a good person. It's just that I have no need for all the hoarding. I don't even have a heir to hand it over to. Not like I'm planning on ever getting married and having children. Stacking the money is a complete waste.

Seeing this girl working under my own roof and struggling with money affairs..
Just why? I can change that in the snap of a finger. I can easily become a sponsor.