Chapter 36

Pov: Lee Minho

'Hello.
This is Do Aera.
I am free in the evening, so I wondered if we could meet up then.
It would be best if we didn't go out.
Is it okay if I came over to your company?'

I blinked a couple of times, trying to decipher the message on my phone. It had been days since our last shoot and she'd finally texted me.

Took her long enough.
I thought it was her way of letting me down, but I guess she was truly busy.

'Sure. Just don't come before 6:30 pm so I won't make you wait.'

I looked around at the sweaty members sitting on the ground and talking about their progress with the new choreography.
"My coworker texted me. I won't be staying over for extra practice tonight," I let them know.

"Coworker? Which one?" Han approached me, his breathing also ragged. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and slung his wet towel onto his shoulder.

"The female lead in the drama I'm in. We're going to meet up because I need help with a certain scene," I explained, still panting while putting my phone back into my bag.

"Do Aera? The girl who interviewed us?"

I nodded and went back into position. The music played, and we continued our dance practice.

***

"You're zoning out again," Felix informed, holding up two hangers with different colored shirts. "I think you should go with this one." He put the black shirt on his bed and rummaged in my closet again.

"What are you looking for?"

"Which bundle do you keep your ties in?!" he frustratedly spoke.

"The one on your right," I replied, laying further into my sheets. Now that I had taken a shower, it felt good to just lounge around in bed.

"This one?"

"More to the right."

"..This one?"

"More."

"There's nothing left."

"Exactly. It's not a date. We're literally going downstairs. I'll be wearing a sweater and some pants," I said.

"But I heard from Seungmin that you were interested in her last time she interviewed us."

"Funny he said that. Between the two of us, I'm not the one who's interested in a girl." I smiled, remembering what had happened a week ago.

It was on the day of his photoshoot. He came home with a huge smile on his face which I thought was pretty normal.
What was uncommon was the fact that he kept looking through magazines and resembled a puppy more than ever before. He was also way too happy with a designer jacket even though he didn't usually care about clothes. For him, they were just pieces of fabric that kept him warm so he wouldn't get sick.

I had entered his room and asked him what was up, but Innie had answered saying that Seungmin was all torn up, trying to figure out how to return a favor to Scarlett's best friend.

He denied it when I asked him if he liked her and he looked like he meant it. He wasn't flustered at all. I almost believed it was no big deal until Innie and I had a conversation two days ago and I found out that he too shared the same doubts as I. The only difference was that he'd seen the way Seungmin behaved around her, while I'd never had the privilege to. Apparently, he payed close attention to her no matter what she was doing.