Chapter 29

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

"Yay, it's snowing~" she huffed.

The streets were covered in snow, and according to the forecast this morning, the temperature would drop even lower than minus 10 degrees celsius. However, I think we'd already made it to that point because there was barely anyone out in the streets.

"You're going to catch a cold, Hyunjin. Just one of my shirts is nothing compared to this weather," she said and motioned for me to follow her.

We got into a store near the hotel and made it inside. Sitting on the sofa, she took the suitcases from me and placed them next to her. The staff showed her some clothes, and she kept checking me out, imagining how it would look on me and passing. The way she was so concentrated on her given task made me grin, wondering what she'd end up choosing for me.

One of the staff finally showed her a plain grey sweater. Isabelle gave her the thumbs up and told me to wear it.

I'm relieved. I didn't feel like wearing any of the other fits. They were a bit too.. ostentatious for me.

After I exited the changing room, she circled around me, checking the clothing from all angles. "Okay! Consider this a gift from me. It's not much in return for what you've done today, but it makes me feel less responsible for bringing you all the way here." She rushed to the counter to pay.

Fine, I'll give her that.

We left and waited under the bus shelter, sitting on the glacial bench. She touched my nose with the back of her hand and scrunched up hers. "You're still cold."

Rummaging through one of her suitcases, she took out a huge light yellow scarf, and placed it around my neck, smiling at my eyes which were the only visible features on my face before she adjusted the cloth.

I love how I can tell when she's smiling even when she's covered her face. I also love how sweet her scarf smells.

"Why did you choose a hotel that's so far away?" I asked, a misty cloud escaping my mouth as I spoke.

"It could be far away from your company, but it's pretty close to my house."

"Wait, so you lived around here? I want to see it!" I exclaimed.

"Boy, when I said close, I didn't mean we could get there on foot. Plus, it could be right next street, and I still wouldn't let you anywhere near it. It's too dangerous," she sassed, flicking my forehead.

Then it can't be helped..

The bus finally arrived and we hopped on, finding an empty seat for two.

It wasn't hard.. Most seats were unoccupied.

"If I were you, I'd regret wasting my day like this," she sighed, looking out the window, "You didn't tell me why you came in the first place."

Call it a waste all you want, if I were to go back in time, I'd still make the same decision.

"I told you already. I was worried you'd still be hurt over what happened. You ran away with no explanation. You didn't even answer any of my texts. Don't act like you're unbothered." I poked her arm in accusation.

"Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have done that." She looked down, smiling to herself under her mask. "I guess I'm too used to being alone. I didn't even realize that I had to notify anyone of my absence." She laughed heartily.

That's..

I don't know what to say to that.

It sounds so lonely.