Chapter 9

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

Where am I?

Oh, right. My room in Korea. I'd been here for more than a week, and I still woke up with the very same question in my head every morning..

Scar had insisted on giving me this penthouse because I didn't want to be monitored by the housekeepers back at my family's mansion. They would go and recount everything I did to my parents. Although I had nothing to hide, it was pretty suffocating.

A maid came in and put my breakfast on a cabinet beside my bed.

I guess it's time to get up.

Entering my walk-in closet, I got ready for the meeting I had scheduled for the morning.

I added a Chevalier clutch because why not

I added a Chevalier clutch because why not. Anything I designed was my favorite brand.

After quickly finishing the buttered baguette and bowl of freshly cut fruit, I made my way out of the hotel. As per usual, my chauffeur was waiting for me in front of the building.

"Goodmorning, agent James. Please take me to the office." Here's another thing my overprotective best friend wouldn't back down on. There was at least one agent around me no matter where I went; to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if another one were to pop out of the trunk right this instant.

After arriving at my workplace, I made my way into the lobby. Everyone stopped what they were doing to greet me with smiles on their faces. They led me to the room where I'd be holding the conference.

"Goodmorning, everyone. I am Liliane Chevalier, the spokesperson for my parents, André and Audette Chevalier. I'm delighted to be working with you," I started with a friendly smile.

My mission was to show them our brand and impress them with our designs. Even though Chevalier was extremely popular in Europe and America, it hadn't quite reached these regions yet.

As I started showing them the slides I'd prepared, I could tell I had my work cut out for me. More than half the room looked uninterested in what I was offering.

Sigh..

I can't let father down.

The meeting ended after two and a half hours. I had to work so much harder to impress them next time.

I entered the car while texting Scar. I knew she could lift my spirits up, but she told me she was in the studio with her client. I was asked to visit her at around 8 pm.

Let's be optimistic, Liliane.

I'll focus on the fact that I'll get to see Scar's new room today.

I was brought Duck Confit when I finally got back to my room. No wonder Scar's hotels had five star rankings. The chefs specifically catered their food to everyone's tastes.