Chapter 19

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"One would think you would have slept properly last night, given the fact that you were off duty. How come you only just woke up?" Lily questioned.

She had visited the villa while I was asleep, and waited again till I woke up at 5:30 pm.

"No.. I was busy, so I couldn't get back home till morning," I said.

"Busy? Doing what?"

"Your intelligent friend got herself locked up on JYPe's roof."

"That must have sucked." She scrunched up her face, trying not to laugh.

"You have no idea."

"Well, at least you're awake now. Have you eaten anything? Here, have this sandwich. I brought it for you from your hotel."

I gobbled down the food as I reached for my phone. "Lily, have you talked to Olive? He was pretty bitter after the battle."

"No need to call him. I just came here after visiting him. He was also asleep, and woke up like nothing had happened yesterday. When he found out I'd be visiting you next, he told me to let you know that he's fine."

"That's weird. How come he didn't tag along?"

"He said he was going back to work. He must have a shift this evening."

Good. That means I'll see him when I get there.

"How's your conference going?" I asked.

"Better. I've been working hard to create new designs I'm really proud of."

I wasn't even worried about you. I knew that you'd pull through.

"You know, you always complain about people who give you 'flawless' vibes, but you're no different yourself. You're just not aware of the fact that you're a perfectionist," I pointed out.

"Whatever, let's just go. Agent John is waiting for us already."

***

I finally got to the company, while Lily left to the hotel to work on her designs. Isabelle greeted me as soon as I entered my room. "Hello Scarlett, how are you today?"

"I should be asking you that. How's your mother?" I rummaged through my drawers.

"She's safe. That's what matters most."

"Ok then, let's get down to business. Did you check the blueprints you found yesterday? Are any of them familiar to you?" I asked as I took them out of my drawer and handed them to her.

"Nope. I only knew of that one subunit we infiltrated. All these structures are foreign to me. They could be subunits I'm not aware of, but I'm not sure."

"We need to check them out. I'll tell the organization to send us new troops so we can go tomorrow." I joined her by sitting down on her bed.

Her eyebrows shot up. "Already? People are still recovering!"

"Those who are not up to it don't need to join. You, for example, will not be coming. You've never been there, so you won't be of additional help anyway. I'd rather you stay here and rest."

"I'm not going to argue with you on that. I don't want to leave mom alone. I'm visiting her everyday." She shook her hands, as if dismissing the possibility of leaving her mother unattended.

I finally stood up and walked towards the door. "Where are agents Venus and Pak? I need to have a meeting with everyone." Her shrug made me sigh. "Fine then, where's Christopher?" I asked.