Chapter 50

Pov: Lee Minho

"Minho, you there?" Minji asked, interrupting my dance practice by popping her head into the room.

After yesterday's events, I'd been worrying about our safety a lot. It was hard to believe that so many agents were recruited and some of us still got injured.

The enemy literally exploded smoke bombs and shot bullets at us on a hill. That's how far they went. They didn't even care if the news got a hold of it.

I was sick of brooding so I had decided to dance to get things off my mind.

"Yes? What is it?" I asked, walking over to the sofa to get my towel. I hadn't realized how hard I'd worked until I stopped. My shirt had huge patches of sweat on it.

"Did I come at a wrong time?"

"No. Not at all," I assured, lowering the volume of the music so it wouldn't disturb us. "What's up?"

"Well.. About the Aera thing.. She got sudden plans for tomorrow and had to cancel our training. She's asking to reschedule for tonight instead. Are you up to it? I know you haven't been in the best mood.." She finally closed the door behind her and walked in. She was wearing a... skirt. It was my first time seeing her in a skirt.

 It was my first time seeing her in a skirt

"Woah, you're sweating so hard. No wonder this place stinks." She joked as always, trying to bring a smile to my tired face.

"It would be great time to hug you then, wouldn't it?" I teased, making her take out a knife out of nowhere and display it to me.

"This is a very sharp dagger, huh.. Would be a shame if it were to accidentally cut off your arms.." She played with the edge, tilting it so the light would hit its surface and reflect onto my face.

Before I knew it, I was laughing. She really did a great job at changing my mood. Satisfied, she hid the dagger while smirking. "So? What's your answer? I can cancel if you want."

"It's fine. I think it's good for me to focus on things that will make me forget.. other things," I answered, sitting on the sofa.

She joined me and cocked her head slightly to the side, squinting her eyes at me. "Seeing you like this feels wrong. I'm not used to being serious with you. You can't just change all of a sudden."

I raised a brow, still trying to completely dry my neck with the towel. "Yeah? What about you? You were a different person when you first joined us. Unlike me though, you went from serious to clown, not the other way around."

Just by those words, a contemplative air fogged up her eyes and her smile faltered. I assumed she was panicking until I saw a scintilla of desolation on her features. "Really? I don't remember that. Maybe I wasn't used to you yet.."

Wasn't used to me yet? You then suddenly decided that you had gotten used to me? That's not how that works.. Is it?

No. The driver told me she'd felt the same. It's not just with me. Something's up.