Chapter 24

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"You're getting me angry again," Olive threatened as I put the phone down.

"Did you know?" I whipped my head towards him. "Did you know that Lee Kwang was the one they wanted? Aren't you aware of how dangerous that man is? Don't you remember how hard it was for me to defeat him? I got him by sheer luck! He's contained, and his subordinates still make trouble for everyone. Imagine how much worse it would get if he were to be roaming around, completely free."

"So we just let you be?" he asked, "Look at your red face for a second. You look like someone's lit a fire under your skin."

Is it that bad?

I walked to the mirror and checked myself out. The first things I noticed were my injuries that were treated pretty nicely, except for the cut on my bottom lip.

Who's she? She looks horrible. When's the last time she's showered? Na-ah, can't be me.

"I'm taking a shower," I declared.

"No ma'am you're not." He turned down my declaration. "What if you get dizzy and fall? You do realize you were given to us in completely different clothing than when you were saved, right? They've washed you already. No other way they could have stopped the gas from irritating your skin any further."

He was, in fact, very right. You'd think they'd make me wear some kind of rag, but I was in an oversized pastel pink and grey sweater, with matching sweatpants and white sport shoes that fit perfectly.

It's scary to think that I was unconscious the whole time my clothes were being changed. However, the fact that the Vipress is known to be a straight female kind of puts my mind at ease.

How do I know that? Well, there's rumors of this middle eastern beauty even back at my agency. Everyone who's faced her in a fight talks about how mesmerizing her gaze is.

Wait, so where did she put my uniform?

Does that really matter now, Scarlett?

"As worried as I am about the whole ordeal," Olive spoke again, "I'm kind of happy that they put you in something other than black for once. Your black eyes and hair contrast it perfectly. It really suits you."

I'm flushed enough. Please don't make it worse.

"Your arms.. What happened? There's so many wounds on there." I pointed at the injuries from a distance, hoping to change the subject.

"It's nothing. Happened from the fight. I wasn't paying attention after I lost you."

"I'm disappointed in you."

"Suddenly?" His eyebrows shot up. "Why? What did I do?"

"Did you once sit back and think of how intensely agent Pak could be blaming himself for what happened to me? I bet you had a fight with him just like you did with me in France. You probably wouldn't even forgive him if I were to die, even though it wasn't his fault. For someone with such high IQ, you really don't learn from your mistakes."

"Ouch." He placed a hand on his chest. "You have a point."

"You bet I do. We both need to talk to him once everything's taken care of. I heard that he's fine, though. No vital organs are injured."

"It's sad how not dying is your definition of fine. The man will be bedridden for a while," he emphasized.

"I almost forgot, there's something I need to discuss with yo-" I got cut off by the sound of the door bursting open- Again.