Chapter 58

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

"Gdhfbegdusjhehf!"

"Calm down. They're nicer than you think they are," I pleaded, shaking her by her shoulders.

Ever since we reached the building of my apartment, Isabelle wouldn't stop freaking out over meeting my parents. Her idea of meeting parents was having the rich mother throw money at her face, telling her to leave her son alone. Watching too many kdramas did that to you.

"What if they don't approve of me?! Do I look okay? Where's my perfume?" She searched through her bag again, putting on perfume for the third time this morning. "Maybe I should have worn more makeup."

"And cry the whole time you're talking to them?" I asked, coughing at the ungodly amount of perfume I had just inhaled.

She never wore makeup. Even when she had special occasions to go to, she hardly used any. It irritated her eyes.
It was more than enough that she'd forced herself to use concealer and powder today. She even had lipstick on under her mask though this last one didn't bother her.

"You're right. That wouldn't be a good idea," she mused, about to spritz perfume again. I quickly confiscated the bottle and placed it in my own bag.

"Snow. Breathe. You look beautiful and they will love you, alright? Just be yourself."

"I would've worn a dress if I weren't on duty.. Should I wear the blazer or keep it off? It's pretty hot, but I want to look serious about this." She rummaged through her bag again, worrying by herself.

"Do whatever you feel like doing

"Do whatever you feel like doing. What you're wearing is perfect," I chuckled.

I had already told my parents about her being an orphan, reminding them not to ask anything about meeting her parents or explaining her background.

Ofcourse, they weren't very fond of her job. They knew it was dangerous and were worried for me, but that was the extent of it.

"We're here," I declared, pointing at the door I had missed seeing so much. I couldn't wait to hug everyone.

As soon as I rang the doorbell, Kkami's paws scratched on the door. He was just as excited to see me. Dad opened it and I hugged him super tight, feeling like I was home again. Kkami wouldn't leave my pants alone, so I kneeled down, petting him. He jumped into my arms and licked my face.

"You must be Isabelle," dad said, smiling at my girlfriend.

"Yes, it's such a pleasure to meet you." She bowed, returning his smile. I was surprised to see the sudden lack of mask on her face. It was touching to know how far she went for me.

"The pleasure's all mine. Come in, all of you. Thank you for taking care of my son." Dad was talking to the bodyguards trailing after us. They carried the luggage and placed them in my room, leaving to their posts even though dad asked them to rest.