Chapter 15

Pov: Chu Scarlett

It's so cold today.

My garden was covered in snow, and the trees looked like they belonged in some sort of winter wonderland.

.. What a magical view.

On a horrible day.

According to the nightmare I woke up to, Olive would get killed today. Everyone I ended up caring for did anyway.

Why did I let him join the battle?

I can't lose him.

The sound of the black Hummers making their way into the parking lot pulled me out of my nasty daydream.

"Good morning, Scar!" Olive's soothing voice made its way into my ears as he exited one of the trucks.

Will I be able to hear this voice again tomorrow?

He ran up to me and ruffled my hair while laughing cheerfully. My hands unconsciously grabbed onto his, wrapping them around my waist as I stood on my toes and hugged him around his neck.

He immediately stopped laughing. "S-scar? What are you doing?"

I squeezed him tighter in response.

Please don't leave me.

Olive, you can't leave me.

I abruptly let him go. "You looked a bit cold, that's all. C'mon, there's people waiting." I made my way into the Hummer, greeting all the agents.

"Good morning, Scarlett, are you feeling better today?" Isabelle waved.

That's weird. She's not mad at hoe coldly I treated her yesterday.

"I need to talk to you," I told her as I mounted the vehicle and Olive closed the door behind him.

"Yes? What's the matter?"

"I gave agent Venus the responsibility of testing your skills, but I never directly asked you; what's your rank?"

"I'm an A rank. Three silver stars."

"Can you hold up your own in a fight? We're going to save your mother, but it's useless if you yourself end up dying."

"Yes. Please don't worry about me. You know that agent Venus gave me the thumbs up," she beamed as she displayed her small thumbs. Our official uniform looked good on her. She must have missed wearing them. "I can't wait to see mom again," she mumbled as she watched the snow fall outside the tinted windows.

I turned around to see Olive sitting at the back, so I exchanged my seat with the person settled next to him. "Hello again," I smiled.

"You're acting weird. Why do you keep staring at me?"

"You're just unbelievably handsome."

"You could have said literally anything else, and it would have sounded less suspicious." I laughed at that, and he cupped my face, "I'm not going anywhere."

That does it.

I'm convined this guy can read my mind.

"I might consider getting into trouble if it means that you'll hug me like that again." He scooted closer to me.

"Get in trouble, and the only thing you'll be hugging is your grave." I scooted away.

He pulled me back to him, and leaned his head on my shoulder. "Just focus on leading your own troop, while Isabelle and I lead ours. Take care of yourself first and foremost," he mumbled.