Chapter 26

Pov: Bang Chan

What's with this atmosphere?

I had just finished my work at the studio and Changbin had finally woken up when we went to the kitchen to eat something. It was all good until we couldn't even hear each other's words over the loud arguing going on in the living room.

At first, we decided to give them some time, thinking it would eventually get resolved, but that was just wishful thinking.

"Why are you people being so loud?" I asked, hurrying inside the living room with Changbin.

Olivier got overwhelmed by the excessive amount of dissatisfied people in the room, so he directed us all to Scarlett's room.

And that, is how Changbin and I ended up in a room where a heated debate was taking place- one neither of us knew anything about.

Olivier helped Scar sit on her bed, and seated himself next to her while Minji took out three chairs for herself, Changbin, and I. That left Isabelle and Hyunjin, who made themselves comfortable on the former's bed.

Changbin and I had no idea what they were suspecting Isabelle of in the first place, so I whispered into Minji's ear, asking her about the situation. She ended up narrating the events that had happened in our absence.

"Can I start talking? I don't like how you're looking at me," Isabelle said, frowning at Scar's mistrustful scrutiny.

"Yes, please explain yourself. And Scar, don't you dare stop her mid explanation," Olive answered.

Everyone in the room leaned closer towards Isabelle, wondering how she'd defend herself.

"Thank you!" she said, throwing her hands in the air, "It's true. Mrs. Amelia is not my biological mother. I'm sorry for hiding that from you, but I was too worried that you wouldn't save her if I were to tell you the truth. She's a woman who frequently visited the orphanage and gave us gifts. I was attached to her, so the enemy used her to get to me. Go search for more of my personal information, or ask the orphanage! You will definitely find Mrs. Amelia's name on there," Isabelle explained.

"Scarlett, even though you didn't know, Isabelle had already told me about it on the day Mrs. Amelia got saved. She wasn't fond of hiding it from you either," Hyunjin added.

I didn't know these two had gotten that close. Isabelle really told him things the others didn't know about, huh?

"Aha, and how do you explain the blueprints, Isabelle? How did the enemy know we were coming yesterday? How were they so prepared for our ambush?" Scar asked, drinking a cup of water and trying to rehydrate herself.

I feel so bad for her; she's been throwing up all day. Her face is so much paler than usual, and she looks uncharacteristically weak. I hate seeing her like this.

"What does any of that have to do with me?! I was there fighting for my 'mother' just like you all! You're the one who told me to collect the blueprints on the table! I hadn't even realized they were there in the first place," Isabelle exclaimed, waving her hands around, portraying her frustration with the accusations, "The most logical justification I can think of is that they purposefully left those blueprints and maps on there to bait us into attacking the other subunit. That would explain how they knew we'd be coming."

Scarlett admitted defeat by plopping her back down onto her bed and sighing loudly. "Why does that make sense, damn it!" she whined, making Isabelle huff out some air, crossing her arms in disappointment.

"I'm not going to forgive you, Scarlett! You almost gave me a heart attack," she said, about to walk away, but got stopped by Minji's voice.

"But wait-" She stood up- "What about the missing agent? What happened to her?"