Chapter 69

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

I left the meeting that went pretty successfully and took out my phone from my bag, finding a message from Seungmin.

'Is it possible for you to come over?'

'Is something the matter?'

'I'm not sure. I think you need to see for yourself.'

'What's with that?! Alright, wait up. I'll be there at.. 10 pm?'

'Can you come sooner?'

'Seriously, what's wrong?'

'I don't know. Chan hyung said he wanted to talk to you but didn't have your number, so I asked you to come instead. I also wanna talk.'

'I need to go now.
Today's the first day of rehearsals since we came back and I sneaked out to text you.
The members are waiting.
Bye.'

'Alright. I'll try to come sooner. Have fun.'

He didn't see the last message and left for his classes, leaving me stumped.

I had a new assignment from my violin teacher and I needed to rehearse for that when I got home today, but whatever Chan wanted seemed to be urgent, so I thought I'd postpone it.

I entered another meeting while baring that in mind.

***

Ricardo had asked to meet up after work, so I carried my bag, bidding all the people in the company goodbye and leaving to the café I had recommended.

I was wearing a black blouse with black palazzo pants, along with a black shoulder bag and a red and white bandana wrapped around my neck. Red block heels added a sophisticated touch.

Pushing the door open, I searched the room for the guy I was looking for. He had already taken a seat near the counter, wearing his usual tux but without a tie. His jacket was also off him, hanging on the back of the chair he was sitting on.

He focused on the tablet in his hands as he scrolled down, definitely reading work-related things.

"Hello. How are you?" I asked, chuckling as he immediately stood up, holding my arms and giving me two cheek kisses.

"I'm much better. I must have startled you yesterday," he said, laughing nervously. He ordered a latte for me, already knowing my usual order.

"No, actually. You were very cool compared to when I first found out about organizations. Not to mention you almost didn't tell me about your injury." I pouted, shaking my head.

Turned out he hadn't left the hall willingly during the gala.

He had finished chatting with some gentlemen and walked to a table, about to grab some food when he felt a sharp pointy metal on his side.

A man then whispered to obediently follow him or else..

That's how he ended up getting saved by Scarlett and sprinting out, searching for me. I was already waiting for him ofcourse, and calmed him down, telling him that Olivier had already run in there to help her.