Chapter 51

Pov: Lee Minho

"I thought you liked me!" Aera panted, snatching the towel out of Minji's hands and drying her forehead. Her hair was sticking out everywhere and she let herself fall to the ground, watching the ceiling.

"I do. Which is why I need to strengthen you. If you two don't drink a pre-workout protein shake or eat a meal with lots of protein in it before coming next time, you're going to faint," Minji said, shaking her head. "It'll be fine. You need energy to burn. I don't like how pale you look."

"Right," Aera whispered, getting up and trying to control her breathing.

"Minho, that goes for you too. Don't come to train with me without eating. I don't care about any of your diets. You two have to eat because, trust me, I will make you burn each and every calorie." She threw me a towel while using one to clean her own sweat off. "Alright. Class is over. Don't forget what I taught you. I'll be there during the shoot. You'd better perform well. I don't want to see any half-assed punches and kicks."

We sat cross-legged on the ground for a while until we calmed down and drank enough water to re-energize ourselves. Minji brought a box of candy and forced us to eat a couple. She was probably doing it due to her fear of seeing Aera faint. The girl really needed more energy in her body- preferably sugar. The reason Minji was including me in her scolding too was to not put Aera on the spot. At the end, I wasn't the only one who had noticed her bad relationship with food.

"Alright. Thank you so much. I'll take my leave now," Aera proclaimed, wearing her jacket and getting ready to leave.

"I'll walk you out!" Minji exclaimed, running after her.

What's she up to now..

I checked the time and it was already evening. The sleep-deprivation was taking its toll on me.

The tiles had gotten slippery from the amount of sweat on the ground. Even so, I felt better than I did in the morning. My body must have needed a way to let go of all the pent up frustration.

After some time, the door slammed open, making me jolt up off the ground. Thankfully, it was just a very, very, very guilty looking Minji and not some murderer. "Minhoooooo~ I did somethiiiiiing." She stomped inside, halting right in front of me.

"What did you do this time?" I asked, getting myself ready for the worst.

"First you have to promise not to get mad at me." She pouted, thinking it would be enough to get her out of trouble.

"I don't have enough energy to get angry right now." I looked down at her hands fiddling with the bag Aera was carrying earlier. It seems she'd finally received her gift.

"Alright, cool. Cause I sorta kinda promisedherthatyou'dbeherdatefortheupcominggala," she finished, all in one breath.

"If you wanted to become a rapper, you could have just said so," I sighed, walking to the sofa and laying down. I was in dire need of some sleep.

"You're not mad?" she asked, slowly approaching me.

"I didn't even understand what you said."

"You are going to be Aera's partner for a masked gala.." she cleared up.

"Uh.. No, I'm not?"

"But I already promised!"

"Shouldn't I be the one who promises such things?" I asked, annoyed that she kept shoving me into awkward situations, "I don't think you're getting this in your head. I. Don't. Like. Her."

"I promise it's not about that this time! I wouldn't go this far-"

"Then what is it about?! Huh?!" I used the towel to cover my eyes.