Chapter 81

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"Is it true that agents can't share their mission information with others unless if they're family or teammates?" he asked, giving me a very accurate fact.

"It's true."

I've even heard of some agents marrying agents of other organizations because they couldn't see each other's missions otherwise. No one would accept agents from different agencies as teammates, so the only way to convince them was to get married..

"I got caught with Isabelle's papers once because I was organizing her stuff when she was sick. The one who caught me was the Little Haven who brought her papers of becoming your teammate," he said, cautiously sitting back and waiting for everything to click in my head.

God, please no.

"Seeing as you're still alive, I'm guessing you're a married man," I said, heaving a sigh longer than the great wall of China.

Will I ever catch a break?

"Nothing shocks you, huh," he said, bitterly laughing again, "I wish I could be as cool as you about all this."

"Don't mind me. I'm cold-blooded," I said, a million thoughts swirling in my head.

She went as far as signing on such a paper?

"Was it a fake certificate?" I asked, taking out pills for my headache.

"No.. Your agency put her on the spot and made her sign their own in front of them.." he answered.

This is weird.

Why would she agree to it?

"Ah.. If you had died, she wouldn't be able to continue her mission. That's why she saved you," I calculated, wondering how she was able to weasel her way out of everything so seamlessly.

"She was remarkably talented at lying. She made up the whole 'we're married' story in less than a second and embodied the role like she was born for it," he said, his eyes filling up again, "Now I realize she was a professional.."

"I will try to take care of your marriage certificate though I can't promise to succeed. However, I'd like you to know that those papers aren't harmful or helpful to either of you in any way," I said. Could I get him out of such a complicated situation?

"I don't know if this is helpful, but she had a house she sold. She looked like she was very fond of it and didn't want to let it go. I even saw the documents for it," he said, looking sideways to remember better, "I'm kind of useless cause I don't know where it lies. She said it was around Paradise, the hotel."

If it's already sold, it won't give us much about her.

"Anything else you can tell me?" I asked though I knew every memory was taking a toll on him.

"She had a habit of disappearing without a word, though you already know that. She was probably busy with her double life. I'd find her completely exhausted and miserable afterwards," he continued.

Ofcourse she'd be exhausted. She was taking on missions from Little Haven while actually being on a mission with Black Galaxy.

The audacity.

"She used weird aliases every time she stayed at a hotel. It's like she wasn't free or safe, running from something all the time," he added, lowering his head, "I assumed she was running from Black Galaxy, but now I don't understand. She sold her house for the same purpose. 'They'll find me if I stay at the same place for too long,' she said."