Chapter 44

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

The storm kept getting stronger as I hugged myself on Scar's bed, still waiting for her.

I had come back from home along with all my necessities which meant that three hours had passed by already. Where was she? I had called her and Olivier, but they both hadn't picked up. I felt sick to my stomach the more I waited for them.

Closing the door to her room, I granted myself some alone time. Be that as it may, I ended up getting trapped with my negative thoughts. It was crazy how many possibilities I could come up with of things that could've gone wrong.

They always do this to me. Their jobs are painfully troublesome. In the end, I'm the one constantly wondering if they're still alive. I'm the one hugging them a little tighter every time we say goodbye, hoping it won't become the memory of our last. I'm the one who's paranoid about these little things. And they're the ones who are too used to danger to think this deep.

I heard a knock and ran to the door, but there was no one there. I heard another and I checked behind the door to see if anybody was hiding- again, it was of no use. Another one sounded out, and I turned around, realizing that it could be coming from the door Scar shared with Chan.

I opened it and he smiled at me, asking to come in. "I figured you'd get lonely," he said.

"It's fine. I know that you all went back to practice. I'm here waiting for Scar. Don't waste your time with me," I breathed, going back to sit on her bed.

One of his brows raised and he sat down on a chair. "Wasting my time?!"

I softly laughed, my head still throbbing. He frowned at my expression. "You don't look very happy, what's wrong?"

"I haven't lost at card games against anyone before," I lied.

That earned me a loud laugh as he shook his head. "Firstly, we ganged up on you three so it wasn't fair. Secondly, I'm sure that's not what you're really worried about."

He seems like a good guy. I can see why Scar feels comfortable around him.

"I haven't heard from Scar for a long time. They're too late. I'm worried for them," I admitted, rubbing my temple.

"Really? I heard from Hyunjin that she was at the hospital. They're just visiting agent Pak and they'll be back," he coolly answered.

"WHAT?! That was it?!" I jumped up, mad that I was sulking over nothing again. "How come she never notifies me of these things?"

"She's probably too busy," he said, scratching his neck.

Sometimes I feel like she's too busy for me while I'm putting everything aside just to come see her..
I mean, I know that she loves me. Even her bodyguards know that. They let me into her house whether she's there or not.

But still..

Maybe I'm too needy.

"Lily, are you alright?" Chan asked, tilting his head to the side.

"How's Scar been lately? Is she happy? Is she tired? Is she working too hard?" Since I couldn't hear from her directly, I had to ask others.

"I'm not sure. I haven't had too much time with her lately.. Well, what I mean is, she's not guarding me much lately. She only does so at nights when I'm asleep. When I visit her room to wish her good morning, I see her signing some complicated looking papers so I guess that's what she does while guarding me," he spoke, his eyes glancing at the bag that contained the bracelet he'd gotten for her.