Chapter 5

Pov: Bang Chan

Ouch.

So that's how it is.

Through her harsh words, she was trying to tell me that getting to know them as people was useless. They would not be around forever.

Does she think that her life is worthless just because she needs to protect mine?

I don't like this at all. She looks so young too.

"You're still not working," she interrupted my thoughts. How could she look so emotionless all the time?

I turned to my phone as I read Innie's name on there. He was calling me.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Hyung, you should have told me you wouldn't be exercising. I had to find out from our manager that you had a meeting." Oh no, after the attack, going to the gym had completely slipped out of my mind.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Innie. That meeting was really urgent, so I forgot all about the gym."

"It's fine. I heard it was about your bodyguards? You got them already?" He inquired.

"Yes, you'll all probably meet them soon since they'll be following me around. Hey, is Changbin around, by any chance? If so, please tell him to come visit me. There's a part in the track I need some of his input in."

I knew that Han was practicing a dance move with Minho right about now, so I didn't want to bother him.

A few minutes later, a knock resounded in the room. I stood up from my chair, but Scarlett was already at the door, wary of any threats as she opened it slowly.

"Channie hyu-" Changbin looked surprised to see her and took a few steps back. Then, everything clicked in his head, and he greeted her respectfully. "You must be the bodyguard I.N mentioned. It's nice to meet you," he said.

"Are you Seo Changbin?" She suddenly questioned.

My curiosity got the best of me when I saw a hint of interest on her face for once. I ended up intervening, "You know him?"

"Yes," she told me, then switched her attention back to him. "I listened to your group's songs this morning, and your rapping stood out to me. I enjoyed it."

Did she just... compliment Changbin? With a poker face on?

"Oh.. Thank you." He gave her a small bow, and came in to sit next to me. It was all fun and games until someone seriously complimented him and he didn't know how to respond.

"You needed me, hyung?" he asked a bit hurriedly.

"Yeah, I'm in a dilemma when it comes to this part of the track. Instead of adding in some lyrics, I was thinking of making it into a dance break. Remember that choreo danceracha was coming up with? Don't you think it could go well with this part?"

After some discussion, we finally agreed on keeping the dance break, and changing some of the melody.

Hours passed by till the clock read 1 am.

The others must have returned to the dorms by now. I have to tell changbin to go too. I'll wrap everything up, then go to sleep in a few hours.

I was about to voice my thoughts, but didn't get the chance to. All three of our heads whipped to the direction of the door as it smashed open, revealing a panicked Olivier.

Scarlett was already at his throat with a knife, until she made sure he was an ally.

This girl's reflexes are no joke.