Episode 8

Episode 8/Chapter 1: Inferior ranked warrior (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Isalee

The warriors of Valhalla that numbered more than 2,000 were lined up in front of Black Fortress. Valkyrie Reginleif stood on a high rock and yelled while pointing at the violet doors.

"Warriors! We are preparing a banquet for you! Go to the banquet place after you enter the door!"

"Ou!"

The warriors replied with an outcry at Reginleif's words. Looking at their faces, it seemed like they were craving for meat and alcohol because they couldn't have a banquet due to being on guard for the past week.

But even so, they couldn't just go running towards the violet doors. It was because the space doors in the plains only amounted to two, so they could only wait for their turns.

Rolph smirked as if even waiting was fun and said, "We barely got summoned back."

"Still, the past week has been really peaceful right?"

"Even if it's Valhalla, we don't go to wars every day."

Actually, that was an expression that was a bit misleading. There was a high probability that there was another fierce battle occurring in another place of Asgard.

'They did say that the other two planets were also in war.....'

Olympus and the Temple.

Counting Asgard, three planets were in the middle of a war. The size of the war was so big you couldn't even imagine how it would be on the front lines.

Tae Ho nodded moderately at Rolph's words and then turned to look at the fortress.

"Rolph, who are they though? They are a bit different to warriors."

Rolph turned his head at Tae Ho's question. Rolph frowned at the soldiers that were guarding the walls on the west side.

"They are warriors that couldn't enter Valhalla. I heard that they are normally deployed in situations like these when they lack manpower. I also heard that there were some that came from Niflheim and Nastrond.

They were a force that came to Black Fortress to guard it in place of the warriors of Valhalla.

'Ah, so that was the reason?"

He thought it was strange because he couldn't see anything when using The Eyes of the Dragon, but he understood when he heard Rolph's words.

'It's not that they are on a different level like the Valkyries that I couldn't see in the first place.'

Their runes were so low it seemed like they didn't have any.

"Those poor guys. I also heard that their emotions are all dried up compared to ours."

As Rolph clicked his tongue, the warriors in their surroundings also looked at the soldiers on the fortress with poor eyes.

'Aren't they different from us?'

They were still the same soldiers.

'Well, am I the only one that thinks like that?'

If the soldiers on the fortress were normal soldiers that were forcefully deployed, then the warriors of Valhalla would be the ones that had come voluntarily.

In addition, they couldn't feel it with their bodies because they thought that it was still an army in the end, but they were treated quite well.

Most of all, growth based on the runes had a big role. For the warriors of Valhalla that respected strong people, the meaning the runes had plenty of meaning as they were no different to the path of becoming stronger.