Episode 28

Episode 28/Chapter 1: Great Attack (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

Odin, the King of Gods, was sitting with his knees bent before him.

He sat there even though he knew it wasn't the time to be roaming Midgard as an old man.

Odin was always exhausted, and there were many burdens which weighed heavily upon his shoulders. As the King of Gods and leader of their hierarchy, he couldn't pass his troubles unto anyone else.

It was only before Mimir's Lake that he could unwind somewhat.

Odin didn't hide his grief here, but it wasn't only because he'd forbidden almost everyone else access to Mimir's Lake.

He had once hung himself to obtain wisdom in this place. As he had already revealed to the lake the miserable sight of his corpse being executed for nine days, he now simply had nothing else to hide.

Mimir's head gazed at the King of Gods.

Odin also faced Mimir's eyes while slowly moving his fingers. It was to grasp the threads of fate the three sisters had made.

A hundred years wasn't a short time, even for the Gods of Asgard. Even though their lifespans extended for millenia, a hundred year period wasn't easily ignored. Although such a period was a mere blink in the life of a God, their attitudes were founded upon their dealings with mortals.

A hundred years wasn't short at all.

That's why the hearts of these Gods had grown so profoundly.

A hundred years since the Great War.

A hundred years had already passed. It was long enough for the ones that had been absent from the front lines to have completely forgotten.

But it was different for Odin. Even on the day when Thor's memory fades, the King of Gods must continue to reminisce.

A massive battle would soon erupt in Midgard.

When compared to the Great War, it was quite a small engagement; however, this was quite an ignorant perspective. If one changed their point of view, their opinion would also undergo a transformation.

There hadn't been any large battles since the Great Barrier's establishment in Midgard, and this upcoming battle would likely become the biggest in Midgard's recent history.

"For Asgard and the Nine Realms."

Odin mumbled in a low voice and set his eyes upon a distant place. He looked down over Midgard through the crows Hugin and Munin, the ones who had replaced his only eye.

-

A crow flew.

Through the black of night, it wasn't easy to differentiate the crow from the sky.

Tae Ho's group hid in a small forest that had grown near Kalliv Ahim. It was almost time for them to regroup with Rasgrid and Kaldea.

Valkyrie Kaldea was traveling alone. The warriors of her party were busy fighting monsters who had appeared in another forest, one quite far away from Kalliv Ahim.

Although it wasn't related to Garmr's soul fragment, their actions were still useful. The fomoires observing the warriors hadn't yet realized their substitution for Kaldea.

The situation was similar with Rasgrid. The three veteran warriors of Odin's legion had charged her team in a different direction.

The only Valkyrie to accompany them was Ingrid, who had brought along a certain bait that was their flying ship.