Episode 11

Episode 11/Chapter 1: Unknown Piece of Sword (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Isalee

There were three hidden fountains on the roots of the tree of life called Yggdrasil.

They was the fountain of wisdom, Mimir, the fountain of envy, Hvergelmir, and the fountain of life, Urd.

The fountain that was the most mystical and hidden in the deepest part was obviously Mimir.

The fog covering the spring was dense. As they covered it in layers and formed a barrier, not even a Giant with hundred eyes would be able to see through it.

The cry of a dragon was heard from far away. It was the voice of the dark colored dragon, Nidhogg.

It was a wicked creature that could cover the world with its terrible poison but it wasn't a problem yet. It wasn't able to smell the honey alcohol of the spring because of the smell of the poison coming from its own body.

Booming sounds were heard along the cry. It was certainly Ratatosk that had come and busily went over the roots of Yggdrasil.

He had memorized the curses of Nidhogg he was to deliver to Hraesvelgr and was climbing Yggdrasil hastily. The booming sound became more distant.

Odin closed his only eye. He was seated below an ash tree he had planted himself and touched his eye patch with his rough hands.

He came to this place every day. Even after having spent a fantastic night with tens of beautiful ladies or having faced countless enemies on the battlefield, he always came to Mimir's spring and waited for results like this.

Three beautiful ladies reflected off the surface of Mimir's spring which was full of honey alcohol. They weren't in this place, but the three sisters you could see were seated close to each other and were knitting.

These were the three sisters that divined the fate of the world.

The eldest, Urd, held the threat of fate and the middle one, Verdandi, knitted it earnestly. The youngest one, Skuld, just saw what her sisters did and stealthily unknitted the threads.

The past, which Urd could see, was unchangeable. The present, which Verdandi lived in, was filled with infinite possibilities.

And the future, Skuld, looked at what hadn't been decided yet. It was just the possibilities drawn by the past and the present.

The three sisters divinated the fate of the world. Skuld whispered the future she saw over the surface, and the head of Mimir that was placed on a wide rock read the movement of her lips. He analyzed what they had predicted and translated it into a language is understood.

"Ragnarok is proceeding. It's just going forward and not retreating, so on the day the world wolf wakes from its slumber the foolish yet wise Odin that is resisting at the front will become dog food."

Odin didn't even flinch at the insult. And the crow Munin, that was seated at his shoulder, also didn't show any movement.

Mimir continued speaking.

"The space snake Jormungandr hasn't died yet. It will be reborn before you find it and it will decide its fate along with Thor."

The following content was similar. The story he had heard hundreds and thousands of times didn't change.

"The fires of Surtur will set the world on fire, and the possibility for his happening is 10.000 of 72.972."

The part the world would perish was the same. But at that moment Odin opened his eyes widely.