Episode 31

Episode 31/Chapter 1: Idun's legion (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

There were various reasons for why the front lines had stood at a constant state of adhesion since the Great War.

The force that was concentrated in Erin was split three ways into Asgard, Olympus, and the Temple. Otherwise, the nine realms wouldn't have cooperated with each other.

But this, like many others, was merely a secondary reason.

The decisive factor was much simpler.

A loss of power. A really big loss.

A hundred years had passed since the Great War, but Asgard still hadn't recovered from its previous state. The same held true for the giants of Jotunheim.

-

Tae Ho hit his chest and then collapsed, nearly unconscious. The current him didn't even have the strength to lift a finger.

"Heda."

He murmured her name in a whisper-like voice. It seemed his calling to her was quite unavoidable, for he thought of Heda's face first whenever things became tough or painful.

Idun would forgive him as the battle had ended.

No, in the first place, she wouldn't have heard him as he had terminated 'Idun's warrior'.

Tae Ho laughed even though he felt he'd die and closed his eyes and prayed in thanks. The reason he could fight until the end was because Idun had supported him.

'My Goddess, Idun.'

Tae Ho mumbled in a low voice while imitating Idun and then let out a sigh while closing his eyes. He felt the warmth of Idun that remained in his chest and then closed his eyes more tightly and rose up.

He wanted to sleep and lose consciousness like this, but he couldn't. There were still things he had to do. The situation wasn't one appropriate for a warrior to take a rest.

He was really glad that he was a warrior of Idun. If it was any other warrior, they would have already expended all their strength and collapsed.

'En Taro Idun.'

Tae Ho mumbled a slightly altered line from a game and then rose completely. He first sheathed Galatin in Unnir and then scanned his surroundings while tripping over himself.

"My King!"

Merlin was approaching. He was rather fine among the ones that'd been transported with him.

Tae Ho took out a bottle of water from Unnir and drank it. The feeling of cold water passing through his parched throat was so reinvigorating that his throat became clogged.

"My King."

Merlin approached Tae Ho and used recovery magic on him. Although the spent energy didn't return, he did feel a lot better than before.

"We have to hurry."

Merlin spoke with a face stained in tears. Tae Ho knew what he meant.

They had beaten the Giant of Earth, but it wasn't the end.

Erin was closer to Jotunheim than Asgard. More of Balgad's cronies remained, so they first thought of getting out of this place.

"I will retrieve the warriors."

Merlin, knowing that Tae Ho understood his words, swung his staff and called a beast of light to take him elsewhere. His direction was towards Bracky, Siri and Ingrid.