Episode 25

Episode 25/Chapter 1: Paul's sword (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED:

What Tae Ho felt at Hildegarde's fervent hug was that it hurt.

She, who was wearing an armor that covered her chest and shoulders with an especially hard material, wasn't muddy. She put more strength in her arms embracing Tae Ho once and then stepped back.

Valkyrie Hildegarde.

The one that had brought Tae Ho to Valhalla.

She had black hair and a blue armor that suited her well. Her cheerfulness, that was a bit different to Reginleif, could be felt in her expression and her small movements.

Tae Ho breathed in for now. As he calmed down his surprised heart he became rather composed.

When he first entered Valhalla, he really wanted to meet the Valkyrie that was now in front of him. Where was this place, why had he come to Valhalla, and how was the situation turning? He didn't want to ask about one or two things.

But it was now different.

The questions he had were almost fully answered.

This place was Valhalla, where the souls of the great warriors gathered at. The warriors of Valhalla were the warriors that protected Asgard and the nine realms from the giants and demons.

It was a rather strange thing that Tae Ho, that wasn't from Midgard, got brought here but even so it wasn't unprecedented.

And based on the experiences he had accumulated until now, there was almost no probabilities for the Valkyrie in front of him to hold all the answers. Because it wasn't that she had brought him out of her own will.

But still, Tae Ho asked her once and heard the answer he had expected.

"That was also the first time I brought someone from another world."

The method the Valkyries gathered souls was simple. They would wait on the battlefield they were designated and if some warriors died over there she would bring the ones she judged as being righteous to enter Valhalla or fitted the requisites, or just left them be.

"The thing that decides on which battlefield we have to be at is the Celestial sphere the king of Gods Odin and the Goddess of magic Freya made together."

In other words, it meant that it was decided by a machine and wasn't willed by someone.

But of course, there may be the possibility for someone to have manipulated the machine, but that was really difficult and unnecessary. There was no one that would benefit from having brought Tae Ho to Valhalla.

'Well, if there was should it be Idun?'

Cuchulainn said and Tae Ho ignored him.

Hildegarde kept speaking.

"Anyways, i'm really glad for us to have met like this. I belong to Freya's legion."

"Freya's legion?"

The Goddess of love and beauty Freya.

Tae Ho had seen warriors from almost all the legions but he had never seen a warrior that belonged to Freya's legion.

As Tae Ho put on a surprised face, Siri that was next to him, said in a low voice.

"Almost all of the Valkyries that retrieve the souls of the warriors belong to Odin's or Freya's legion."

The reason was simple. Odin and Freya were the ones that made Valhalla.

"I thought that you would become an intermediate ranked warrior in a short time. Because you had the quality to do so. Take pride in yourself as you are the first soul I led."