Episode 56

Episode 56/Chapter 1: Starting Point (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED:

The hero Heracles had accomplished several quests in all his life.

And the ones that were especially famous were the 12 quests.

Hunting down the Hydra of Lerna was the second quest and what he had to do was to defeat it just like the name implied.

"But not even the great Heracles could kill the Hydra. It's because the middle head of the nine has an immortal strength."

The Hydra that had nine heads was feared even by the Gods because of its strong poison but it also possessed other frightening powers that was its regenerative power that was close to unlimited.

The middle head of the Hydra had immortality that didn't die no matter what you did. In addition, the remaining eight heads regrew when they got cut so it was like an impregnable fortress.

That's why Heracles placed it in a swamp and sealed it after covering it with a huge mountain.

Tae Ho reviewed the explanation he heard from Athena and looked at the swamp of Lerna that was below the cliff he was at. There was indeed a mountain of boulders piling up from deep in the swamp.

[Sealed]

[Hydra]

He saw red words below the mountain as he looked with the 'eyes of the dragon'. He could feel the grief and resentment even from the words perhaps because it got sealed away for hundreds years while it was alive.

"I will rescue you soon."

Tae Ho spoke in a low voice and then checked the state of the ones that accompanied him.

Adenmaha, Nidhogg, Rolo, Drakon Ismenios, Siri and Bracky.

The other six excluding Nidhogg, that was resistant to poison as she was a poison dragon in the first place, had prepared towards the poison thoroughly.

But Tae Ho didn't relax with just that and also engraved one rune in each of their bodies. They were the runes Odin engraved in him when he went to save Nidhogg and protected the owner from poison.

'Did you learn it as you became the successor of Odin?'

'Yes, Odin-nim is also the God of magic.'

He didn't receive all of Odin's vast knowledge but he could still learn several strong magic. The reason he was able to call thunder and lightning, that represented Thor, when fighting against Ares was because his control over the runes got greatly strengthened.

When Tae Ho finished engraving the runes on them he turned to look at every one of them and said.

"We will start now. You all remember the strategy, right?"

"Yes, I will do it clearly."

Nidhogg, that was the most motivated in the group, clenched her fists and spoke. Even so she had been given a quite important role.

"Good, let's start then."

Tae Ho clapped and then turned towards the swamp of Lerna.

&

The Hydra, that was sealed in the deepest place of the swamp of Lerna, didn't have any thoughts.

In the early stages when she got trapped, she struggled to escape and even worked hard to maintain her consciousness but she gave up everything when 10 years passed.