Episode 67

Episode 67/Chapter 1: Ancient Dragon (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: StellarRain

In Asgard there was three ancient Gods.

One was Audhumla, the existence of the beginning, the other Ymir, the first giant, and finally Buri, the founder of Aesir.

Buri gave birth to Bor and Odin then handed Odin the seat of the king of Gods and master of the world.

Buri, Bor and Odin wanted exterminate Ymir, who was a destructive monster, and open up a world for peace and prosperity.

Buri forged the God killer weapon Mistilteinn, a mistletoe branch that could kill ancient Gods, and Bor and Odin joined strengths with the several Gods to defeat Ymir.

Actually, the Gods didn't have a proper will at that time. It was an action that had been more instinctive rather than being self conscious.

Buri, Bor, and Odin threw the corpse of Ymir into the Ginnungagap that was a crucible of chaos and an ancient hole and constructed a world. And so the mortal world Midgard, Vanaheim the land of the Vanir, etc. got created and formed Asgard the world of Gods.

And before that.

Before filling up the hole of Ginnungagap with the ancient giant Ymir and Asgard got created.

Buri, Bor and Odin removed Audhumla with Mistilteinn as they didn't know when she could give birth to another existence like Ymir and then threw her deep into Ginnungagap.

And time passed like that. The Gods that landed in a proper world got able to be aware of themselves just like how Gaia obtained her hands on a body and soul and got an established personality. It was good to say that it was a new birth.

When Buri, Bor and Odin established themselves in Asgard and after they awoke a proper consciousness, Odin looked at the center of Ginnungagap. It was because it was unavoidable not do that.

There was a tree over there.

The World tree Yggdrasil that has existed since the beginning of the world and grew up from the core of Ginnungagap and pierced the entire world.

And there was an existence in the roots that has also existed with that World tree.

&

"Isn't it wasteful?"

Those were the words Odin said while looking at Nidhogg sleeping in Tae Ho's embrace and when it hadn't been long since they left the roots.

"ARe you talking about...Nidhogg's original body?"

Tae Ho grabbed Nidhogg's shoulders and said. Odin smiled at his gesture that was like a parent protecting his child and then continued to speak.

"Not even I know when Nidhogg was born. I got to know of her existence much more after the World tree Yggdrasil appeared."

His memories from before obtaining a consciousness- so before the world got established, were dim.

He had been cleaning the key points of Asgard for a while even after the world got completed so he didn't have the leisure to go see the World tree.

The time Odin got to see it properly was before the war against the Vanir, when he decided to go find the wise Mimir.

That was after the world got established and a long time had passed. And Nidhogg was already existing in the roots by then.

"But even if we leave aside the time she was born, she is a being that has clearly existed for a long time. And her original body is also really strong. No giant of Jotunheim should be bigger than her."