Episode 39

Episode 39/Chapter 1: Hela (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

The God of Fire and Lies, Loki, had three children with the giant, Angrboda.

The first, the World Wolf, and the second, the Space Snake, Jormungand, were beings that hoped for the destruction of the world as they had inherited the strong blood of their mother.

In addition, the two of them were special. The fate of the World Wolf was entangled with the greatest God, and the fate of the Space Snake was entangled with the strongest God.

The World Wolf, Fenrir, was the doom for the King of Gods, Odin.

The Space Snake, Jormungand, was the doom for the God of Thunder, Thor.

The Gods of Asgard feared the two children of Loki and wanted to take their lives, but it wasn't possible. It was because Loki had protected the two of them.

Loki himself knew that he was doing something childish. It was too obvious that the two children would grow up to become disasters.

But Loki couldn't kill them with his own hands.

The giant, Angrboda, took the opportunity when Loki dropped his guard to take the two children and escape. It was to raise the two of them from between the giants.

That's how the first and second kids disappeared.

Loki couldn't distinguish if he had really dropped his guard or he had made himself to be like that.

And only the third kid that got left behind stayed next to Loki.

It was a kid that had inherited more of Loki's blood compared to her other two brothers.

The kid that was born as someone that wanted to maintain the world wasn't born with a destructive power, but she wasn't a normal being either.

The three sisters making the threads of fate had said that Hela's fate was connected to someone in Asgard.

But the King of Gods, Odin, kept that a secret, and because of that, not even Odin's closest people like Thor or Heimdal knew who that person was.

While the World Wolf and the Space Snake grew as strong monsters, Hela also grew up.

She, who had all the appearances of a kid, a woman, and an old lady at the same time, received Odin's order and became the monarch of Niflheim.

The queen that ruled over the dead people.

She was loyal to Asgard. She sided up with Asgard even when Loki sided with the giants.

And the same held true after a hundred years had passed.

-

'But Cuchulainn, there's something I want to ask.'

'What is it? Do you still have other thoughts?'

It was when they were climbing Yggdrasil by following Ratatoskr.

Tae Ho, who was embracing the essence of Nidhogg inside of her body, said with a calm face,

'I feel like I even got accustomed to your grumbling as I keep hearing it. Anyways, listen to my question.'

'Right, what is it? Let's hear it.'

Nidhogg stirred while being in Tae Ho's embrace. Tae Ho patted her shoulders and continued speaking.

'Asgard......The reason Valhalla is in danger is because it's in the core of the World Tree?'