Episode 26

Episode 26/Chapter 1: The land of fierce battles (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

Camelot.

The legendary country said to be founded by King Arthur.

In Erin, however, this country was far more than a legend.

Camelot, King Arthur, and the Knights of the Round Table had once existed.

"My God. It's Merlin!"

"Is he a famous guy?"

As Adenmaha exclaimed, Bracky tilted his head and asked in confusion. Being a Midgardian, it was the first time he'd heard the name.

Adenmaha smacked her lips, calmed her breathing, and replied in a condescending tone.

"Of course. Should I say that it's none other than Merlin? Even the witches Morgan le Fay and Vivian were below him. If I had to pick the strongest magician in Erin, he would surely be one of the candidates."

Bracky was more bothered at Adenmaha's impoliteness rather than the weight her words carried, but he let it slide. It was because Adenmaha seemed to be noticeably excited.

"So he was alive... I thought that he'd died when Camelot was destroyed."

Gauging from how she spoke, it seemed as if she held some personal fascination toward Merlin and Camelot.

"Cuchulainn, did King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table perish?"

'Probably. The Knights of the Round Table were once part of the Red Branch Knights I created. One of the knights, Bedevier, claimed that he'd witnessed Arthur's death.'

Cuchulainn' words were bitter and he grew quiet for a time. It wasn't only from recalling King Arthur's demise, for the death of the original owner of Caladbolg, Fergus mac Roich, also lay heavily in his mind.

The day Erin was destroyed, Fergus mac Roich had fought valiantly without regard for his life. The very reason the Red Branch had any survivors at all was owed to his sacrifice.

However, the Red Branch Knights were still annihilated during the Great War.

From Cuchulainn's position, bitterness was a natural response.

'It seems that I will need to explain it to your comrades as well. Give Gae Bolg to Adenmaha, and tell her to transmit to them my story.'

Cuchulainn's voice grew bright as if wanting to shake off the bitter feeling from before, and he waited patiently for Gae Bolg to reach Adenmaha's hands.

This was because while Siri knew of Cuchulainn's existence, Bracky and Gordon did not, and by extension, weren't aware of Gae Bolg's secret.

Nothing good could come from increasing the number of people that knew of his secret, so it was best to announce it through Adenmaha, one already known to be a Goddess of Tuatha De Danann.

'There were three groups of knights that represented Erin. I belonged to the Red Branch Knights. Another group were the Fianna of Fionn mac Cumhail, and the last were King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table.'

Adenmaha began to convey Cuchulainn's words. It was the first time Tae Ho had heard this, so he tilted his ear as Adenmaha elaborated further.

'The number of knights in the Round Table was small, but each one of them was strong. When compared to Valhalla, even the weakest were equivalent to superior-rank warriors. King Arthur was a strong and wise king. He established Camelot, and although its beauty and prosperity stimulated the greed of several people, not one ever dared to challenge Arthur and his knights for it.'