Episode 50

Episode 50/Chapter 1: God of Sun (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED:

Achilles was standing on a fortress while having the sun at his back.

He thought about Patroclus.

His best friend.

A relation where they treasured each others lives more than their own.

Achilles still loved Patroclus as his friend and was certain that it was the same for Patroclus.

But he didn't belong to the same camp. Right now, Patroclus was his enemy.

The change in their relation changed about two months ago.

Everything changed when the Gods, precisely speaking Zeus that was the God he served, changed.

Olympus and the nine realms.

The properties and characteristics of the ten realms, Erin included, were a bit different.

Erin was a world where humans and Gods were equal.

In addition the human race the Milesians defeated the God race the Tuatha De Danann and reigned supremacy over the world.

There were certainly differences between Gods and humans in Erin. But looking at it from a distance, the difference in their abilities didn't share which race was superior. It was simply a difference in abilities just like there were better and worse humans.

In Asgard, the Gods weren't equal to the humans but they lived together in one world.

The humans served the Gods as their parents.

And the Gods led the humans.

But of course, that relationship wasn't smooth. Odin didn't hesitate using or sacrificing humans if it was for his plans. But just because of that, it wasn't that he raised them as livestock.

The relationship was just like how humans used each other.

Olympus was different to Erin and Asgard.

The Gods were the rules of humans and the owners.

The fates of the humans were on the hands of the Gods. There was an absolute wall between humans and Gods that couldn't be crossed at all.

It didn't matter if you were a great hero with outstanding abilities, you couldn't turn over this kind of relation.

There were cases of humans that became Gods because they were loves by the Gods but no one became a God from a human directly and even if that was the case, it was hard to become a real God.

Someone that had the bloodline of a God.

The existences the God made under special plans in the first place.

Only existences like them held the possibility to become a God.

But not even them could turn over the absolute relationship of subordination before becoming Gods. No, in the first place, there were many cases that even becoming a God was planned by the Gods.

And it wasn't different for Achilles.

He was called as a great hero but he was a human in the end. He was an existence under the rule of the Gods.

The Gods Achilles and Patroclus served became enemies.

That was the end. Even if they shared a deep friendship, he could only become Patroclus' enemy. That was fate- no, that was fate.