Episode 40

Episode 40/Chapter 1: Idun's Valkyrie (1)
TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

Long ago, when the Great War was about to end-

The spinning wheel that was at the center of the residence of the three sisters started to spin.

The finely made threads of fate let them take a peek at the fate of the world.

Uld, who grabbed at the thread with her long and slender fingers, had said,

"The fates of the three children of Loki are connected to the ones that will decide the fate of Asgard."

Verdandi nodded while making a new thread and read it down. The fate of the World Wolf was connected to the fate of the King of Gods, Odin.

The fate of the Space Snake, Jormungand, was connected with the strongest God, Thor.

Skuld frowned.

No matter how she looked at it, it wasn't good.

Cases like these, where the fates of different people were connected to each other, happened occasionally.

It was easy to think about the connection a couple had, but there were much more different cases than that. And if it was a destiny that the thread of fate showed, then it certainly wouldn't be normal.

A best friend, a nasty foe, someone living a similar life, a relationship that changes when they meet each other, an existence that can become a milestone for another, etcetera.

But the ties that the children of Loki had with the Gods of Asgard were the worst of the worst.

Mortal enemies, and in a one-sided way.

The World Wolf was Odin's doom. It was a terrible existence that could turn Odin into dog food.

And the Space Snake was the doom for Thor. Thor had a strong vitality that could defeat all kinds of giants and monsters and was resistant to all kinds of poisons, but he couldn't endure the poison of the Space Snake.

Odin and Thor were both important existences for Asgard. As they were the King of Gods and the strongest God, respectively, if either one of them disappeared, Asgard could be stumbled by the threat the giants posed.

"Loki's last child."

Uld said. And Verdandi read the thread of fate once again.

Hela was also connected with someone from Asgard. But it wasn't possible to know with who.

"He still hasn't arrived. He will come in the future."

It was Skuld's area, but even she couldn't grasp who was connected by fate with Hela.

She couldn't know what kind of fate it would be as she didn't even know the adversary. Not even Uld, who had read the threads of fate for a long time, knew. She could barely read that it was only a different kind of fate.

But she was certain of one thing aside of that.

"The one that's connected by fate with Hela will decide the future of Asgard."

Just like Odin and Thor did.

Uld grabbed the thread of fate. Verdandi raised her head and looked at Skuld.

Skuld received the gazes of her sisters and changed her point of view.

She saw beyond the concept that the World Wolf and the Space Snake were enemies and the Queen of the Dead was an ally and looked at the line above that.