Episode 36

Episode 36/Chapter 1: Odin (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

The God of Olympus, Zeus, had once used the expression 'enemy of the world'.

The sage that was in charge of a corner of the Temple had said that it was a shadow that couldn't be detached whilst one lived in a sunny place.

Just like the concept of day and night existed, there had always been two forces in Asgard and the Ten Realms.

The ones that wish to maintain the world.

Those that want to destroy it.

The ones that wanted to maintain it were the living ones. Most of them represented the Gods of the world that hoped to maintain it and lead them

The Aesir and the Vanir of Asgard, the Gods of Olympus, the men of the Temple, and the Tuatha De Danann and the Milesians of Erin.

They didn't need a reason to fight. For a person that was alive trying to keep living as instinct itself.

And the ones that wished for the destruction weren't that different either.

The giants of Asgard, the titans of Olympus, the monsters of the Temple, and the fomoires of Erin.

They were loyal to their instincts just like the ones that tried to maintain the world. They would destroy the world. Burn down everything and return it to its origin.

They were born like that. Even though they were living in the same world as the ones that wished to maintain it, they hoped for its destruction deep in their heart.

It was a thing that was hard to explain, and in the first place, it couldn't really be understood at all.

The ones that wished to maintain the world and the ones that tried to destroy it weren't the same. They were existences that had a completely different way of thinking.

It wasn't excessive to say that the battles of the two forces meant the beginning and end of the world.

Erin was the most ideal example.

The ones that had won in Erin were the ones that hoped to destroy it, and because of that, Erin didn't exist anymore. They still couldn't return back to nothingness as there were still the other worlds remaining, but Erin became a land where life couldn't exist anymore.

A really long fight.

Because of that, it didn't always flow in the same way; however, in that long time, blood was mixed between the ones that wanted to maintain the world and the ones that tried to destroyed it.

The fomoires are also the best example this time.

The Great King, Cichol, king of the fomoires, was someone that simply wished for destruction. But some of his descendants started to desire conquering them rather than destroying.

Especially Bress, who'd had more blood of the Tuatha De Danann mixed in him, was someone that wished to maintain the world rather than destroy it.

The same thing happened in Asgard.

The amount of desire the giants had towards the destruction was different, and there were some that were born while wanting to maintain.

The God of Lies and Fire, Loki, embodied one such case.

The reason Odin gave him the identity of a God wasn't simply because he was a giant with deep connections to him. He was an existence born at the tipping point between Gods and giants. Because of that, Odin gave him a rank to induce him closer to the side of Gods.