Episode 12

Episode 12/Chapter 1: Unknown Sword Piece (1)

TL: Tsubak

ED: Ren

Instead of arrows having a paralyzing effect, arrows with thunder covering them were fired from Thunderbolt. The arrow, which flew with a sparking sound, was enough to catch the attention of the attacking side as well as the gnolls that were being attacked. In addition, it wasn't only one bolt. Because of Thunderbolt's particular firing ability, it seemed like three streaks of lightning flew at once.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The gnolls that got hit with the thunder fell as if they were hit by a giant's hammer. As Siri and the warriors of Ullr's legion started to fire their crossbows together, it seemed like a shower of warriors was pouring down on their heads.

"We are moving!"

Siri yelled loudly and started to lead the troop forward. She was planning for them to act as a light cavalry that poured down rains of arrows.

Tae Ho stuck next to Siri and looked at his Thunderbolt. It seemed as if a trigger had been added to the hilt of the sword, so the grip was rather bad compared to a normal crossbow, but the crossbow was worthy enough for him to ignore this discomfort.

"Fire!"

The moment Siri gave the order, the warriors started to fire arrows and the gnolls that were gathered started to fall helplessly. They had already defeated three groups in this way.

"Captain Siri! We are reaching a limit!" Rolph yelled at her. It was a reasonable thing. In the first place, this wasn't a wide plain. They weren't running around outside, so there could only be a restriction to their movements when running around the enemy.

"We will be grouping up with Odin's legion!"

Siri made a fast decision and determined their direction. Tae Ho cleared the front by firing thunderbolts and the warriors of Ullr's legion raised their swords instead of crossbows. They increased their speed once more.

"Val! Ha! Lla!" The warriors of Ullr's legion yelled. They could all see Odin's legion and Rasgrid, who were being attacked by the gnolls. Some of them, which was more than a hundred, turned to look at their group.

"Shield Wall!"

The warriors on top of the horses raised their shields. The gnolls fired arrows, and most of them hit the shields, but some of them hit the horses. Two of the horses fell.

However, Siri didn't lower her speed at all. The warriors that were on top of the horses that fell jumped down from them safely and then started to charge on their own feet.

Bang!

The charge of the cavalry hit their rear. Siri led the troop in a diagonal direction to get the troop out of the gnolls' reach and then jumped down from her horse. Although the mobility of the horse was precious, most of the warriors of Valhalla were more accustomed to fighting on the ground.

Almost all of the warriors followed Siri and got down from their horses. However, Tae Ho decided to look at another place instead of following them. He could see a specifically clear green letter in the middle of Odin's troop.

[Odin's legion: Rasgrid]

"Kyaaak!"

Harpies let out cries from the sky and attacked the heads of the warriors of Odin's legion. Ullr's legion, which was led by Siri, joined the wings of Odin's legion and they faced the enemies that were at the front and above them and endured as best as they could. Although the gnolls were on the offensive, their morale was lowered, as a wave that had gotten broken by a breakwater.