Episode 41

Episode 41/Chapter 1: The highest branch (1)
TL: Tsubak

ED: Julsmul

The King of Birds, Hraesvelg, believed that he was born with the fate of a hero.

It wasn't because he was born as the ruler of the highest branch or because he was the King of Birds.

The connection of fates.

When Hraesvelg climbed to the throne, Skuld, one of the three sisters, came and told him his fate.

That he was fated with the black dragon, Nidhogg.

It wasn't a soft and sweet fate like that of a couple's.

Fated enemies that are symmetrical to each other.

Hraesvelg had been satisfied with that. His fate was connected to the evil and wicked ancient dragon that has existed with the World Tree, so wasn't this the strongest proof that Hraesvelg was born with the fate of a hero?

Hraesvelg had gathered information about Nidhogg, but it wasn't easy to do so as Nidhogg lived in the roots. Not even the God of Messages, Hermod, could approach the roots.

But Hraesvelg could luckily get a capable informer.

The beast, Ratatoskr.

He, that could freely come and go between the roots and the branches, told Hraesvelg many things about Nidhogg.

Nidhogg was really a scary dragon.

To start off, it was an evil creature. To the point that no other giants could compare to it.

The dragon, that resented everything in the world, was raising a deadly poison that would one day cover the world, and it didn't stop there. It ate off the roots every day to make it fall down. If the three sisters didn't sprinkle the waters of life which could heal the injuries of the World Tree everyday, then the World Tree would have already crumbled.

But it's mind wasn't the only wicked thing.

It was a strong existence suitable of its name of an ancient dragon. Based on Ratatoskr's words, there was no other dragon that was as strong as it even if they searched in Asgard and Jotunheim.

The biggest and strongest dragon.

Everytime Ratatoskr visited the highest branch, he notified Hraesvelg of the curses Nidhogg was pouring unto the world.

It was terrible just by listening to it.

The black dragon, Nidhogg.

That terrible and evil controller of shadows was Hraesvelg's fated enemy.

The dragon had the same presence as a demon king so it could be said that Hraesvelg was born with the fate to defeat the demon king.

Hraesvelg was satisfied with his fate.

He didn't laze away in his training for the fated duel that would one day come.

Hraesvelg didn't leave the highest branch just like Nidhogg didn't leave the roots.

But only once.

Hraesvelg left the branches once in the past.

It was when the Great War occurred in Asgard.

Hraesvelg wasn't that interested in how the Great War turned out, but regardless of that, the reason he left the highest branch was to prepare for the fight against Nidhogg.

How strong would Hraesvelg be?

How would the existences that lived below the branches fight?

Hraesvelg saw a man in the world he first descended to.