The Owlrey

[text in image transcribed below]

Dear Padfoot,

As I'm sure you know, the Yule Ball is being held this year because of the triwizard tournament, so I won't be coming home for the holidays. I'm expected to lead the dance!? What!?  How am I supposed to do that!?

So there's this girl named Cho Chang, I asked her to the dance..... It didn't go well and now the whole school thinks I'm gay. I'm not, I mean I do like girls, but I like boys too. How did you and Moony deal with all the rumours while you were dating at Hogwarts? 

I have to go to charms because McGonagall will murder me if I'm late, but I'll finish this later.

Scratch that bit about dancing, until an hour ago, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to do it, but Fred Weasley just asked me to the ball. He's figured out how to help me dance, even if I can't hear the music. 

I miss you and Moony, please tell him that.

Love your cub,

Hari

PS, Ron hasn't even tried asking anyone yet and it's hilarious.

Having finished the Letter she had written to Sirius, Hari made her way towards the owlrey. She trudged through the ankle deep snow. Soon she was climbing the steps to the owlry in the freezing wind and making her way inside. Raising her arm she clicked her tongue for Hedwig.

The beautiful snowy owl glided down on her soft wings, landing gently on her arm. 

#) Hi there... (# Hari whispered into the owl's silky feathers, burying her face into the soft white wings.

Scratching under Hedwigs chin, she tied the letter onto her leg. 

#) This is for Sirius ok? (#

There was a small puff of air across Hari's face as Hedwig beat her wings to take off. She watched as the bird flew out of the open window. Catching a breeze and soaring off into the distance.

Hari turned and walked into something solid. As bounced backwards, she felt something grab the front of her robes to stop her from falling into the owl droppings.

She looked from where she was hanging by her cloak.

#) Errr, hi Cedric (# She said, as he carefully set her back on her feet. #) Sorry about that... (#