The Basilisk

Hari put on the invisibility cloak, got her broom, shrunk it before putting it in her pocket, and ran strait to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, going strait to the back side of the sink. As she'd seen in earlier searches, it looked like an ordinary sink. But this time Hari saw something she hadn't seen before: Scratched on the side of one of the copper taps was a tiny snake. 

Hari looked at the snake, willing herself to believe it was alive. Then she projected her thoughts, the same was she had to the snake during duelling. Open 
The tap glowed with a brilliant white light and began to spin. Next second, the sink with the snake on it began to move; in fact, it sank, right out of sight, leaving the corner of a large pipe exposed, a pipe wide enough for a man to slide into. She lowered herself slowly into the pipe, then let go.

It was like rushing down an endless, slimy, dark slide. She could see more pipes branching off in all directions, but none as large as the one she was on, which twisted and turned, sloping steeply downward, and she knew that she was falling deeper below the school than even the dungeons.

Just as she had begun to worry about what would happen when she hit the ground, the pipe levelled out, and she shot out of the end with a wet thud, landing on the damp floor of a dark stone tunnel large enough to stand in. She stared into the darkness ahead. She pulled out the flashlight that she had brought, better not to waste her magic, especially when it cost her more energy than usual to do anything. The tunnel was so dark that she could only see a little distance ahead.

Then she froze, she could see the outline of something huge and curved, lying right across the tunnel. It wasn't moving. Very slowly, her eyes as narrow as she could make them and still see, Hari edged forward. The light slid over a gigantic snake skin, of a shinning silver, lying curled and empty across the tunnel floor. The creature that had shed it must have been twenty feet long at least.

The tunnel turned and turned again. Every nerve in Hari's body was tingling unpleasantly. She wanted the tunnel to end, yet dreaded what she'd find when it did. And then, at last, as she crept around yet another bend, he saw a solid wall ahead on which two entwined serpents were carved, their eyes set with great, glinting emeralds.

There was no need to pretend these stone snakes were real; their eyes looked strangely alive.
Open she thought again

The serpents parted as the wall cracked open, the halves slid smoothly out of sight, and Harry, shaking from head to foot, walked inside.
She was standing at the end of a very long, dimly lit chamber. Towering stone pillars entwined with more carved serpents rose to support a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place.
Her heart beating very fast, Harry stood looking around. Could the basilisk be lurking in a shadowy corner, behind a pillar? She pulled out her wand and moved forward between the serpentine columns. She kept his eyes narrowed, ready to clamp them shut at the smallest sign of movement. The hollow eye sockets of the stone snakes seemed to be following her. More than once, with a jolt of the stomach, she thought he saw one stir.
Then, as she drew level with the last pair of pillars, a statue high as the Chamber itself loomed into view, standing against the back wall.

Hari had to crane her neck to look up into the giant face above: It was ancient and monkeyish, with a long, thin beard that fell almost to the bottom of the wizard's sweeping stone robes, where two enormous grey feet stood on the smooth Chamber floor.

She pushed her thoughts out again, hoping she was speaking in Parseltongue to the empty room. Come to me Basilisk of Salazar Slytherin.

I hear, master and obey. She heard the hissing voice say within her mind. The mouth of the statue opened, and out slithered the ginormous snake.

Hari immediately shut her eyes. Why do you call me master? she asked

You are the true heir of Slytherin, I felt the role transfer to you, you claimed it through conquest, and yet this heir comes from before that time, it confuses me. The voice was obviously feminine.