Hospital wing

Something gold was glinting just above her. The Snitch! She tried to catch it, but her arms were too heavy. She blinked. It wasn't the Snitch at all. It was a pair of glasses. How strange. She blinked again. The smiling face of Albus Dumbledore swam into view above her.

"Good afternoon, Hari," said Dumbledore.

Hari looked around her, she was still in the hospital wing, next to her was a table piled high with what looked like half the candy shop.

"Tokens from your friends and admirers,"
said Dumbledore, beaming. "What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."

'How long have I been in here?' Hari mannaged to raise her tired arms to sign.

"Three days. Mr. Ronald Weasley, Miss Granger, and the the Weasley twins will be most relieved you have come round, they have been extremely worried."

'What happened to the stone?'

"I see you are not to be distracted. Very well, the Stone. Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you. I arrived in time to prevent that, although you were doing very well on your own, I must say."

'You got there?! Snape got there you mean'

"No Hari, I got there."

'but--'

Dumbledore laid his had over her's. To many this would seem like a nice gesture, but it was the same as covering anyone else's mouth. Basically, shut up.

"I feared I might be too late. As for the Stone, it has been destroyed."

Hari pulled her hands away, 'Stop lying to me.'

Anger flitted across Dumbledore's face, the he just got up and left, no more explanations. Hari would have to ask someone else her questions.

Sometime later Snape came in, he looked around and seeing there was no one else, came over to Hari's bed. He did n't say anything, just sat there. Hari figured he might be able to answer her questions.

'Dumbledore said he destroyed the stone, won't that mean that Flamel will die?'

"Dumbledore? Destroy the stone?" Snape looked angry and amused at the same time. "No, of course not, he just gaurded it better. What other lies did he tell you."

'He said he found me with Quirell, not you... when I argued, he left.'

"Of course he did, I got there in time foiled his plans."

'Plans?'

"I'm not sure what they are, but they involve you."

'But why couldn't Quirrell touch me?'

"Lily died to save you. If there is one thing Dark Lord cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark... to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved you is gone, will give you protection forever. It is in your very skin. Quirrell, full of hatred, greed, and ambition, sharing his soul with Voldemort, could not touch you for this reason. It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good, so beautiful......" Snape trailed off, obviously thinking about Lily. Hari dried her tears, and had no more questions that she thought Snape would be able to answer. 

Then he handed her a ring. "McGonagall and I just finished this. This will allow you, if pointed at them, to see what other people are saying. It will appear as words floating in front of your hand that only you will be able to see. Once you put the ring on it will become invisible and impossible to feel to anyone but you. We are working on something that will project words so you can, in a way, speak. Do not tell anyone of this, not even Dumbledore." Then he just left. She put the ring on, and watched it dissapear.