Diagon Alley

Snape glamoured her one again, this time making her look sort of like a Malfoy. Only changing colours, not removing any scars other than the lightning one.

 Only changing colours, not removing any scars other than the lightning one

Draco flood in, joining her, as Snape went to go get his things.

"Who are you?" He asked before recognizing her, "Oh.... Hi Hari."

Snape came back carrying his bag. "Remember you two, Hari's name is Cassandra Hill,  a relative of mine staying with me. Don't forget that." Then he stepped into the fire, and was gone.

Hari stepped into the fire beside Draco, who said Diagon Alley, and the fire wished them away.

• • •

It was nice not to have people stare at her as she wandered around Diagon Alley. Draco got annoyed glances, but that was about it.

The first shop Hari and Draco went into was Flourish and Blots, Snape having left them to do some of his own shopping.

They got their book lists:

The Standard Book of Spells Grade 3, by Miranda Goshawk

Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsky, They had both chosen Divination

Third Year Transfiguration by Emeric Switch 

The Essential Defence Against The Dark Arts Year 3, by Arsenius Jigger

They both, of course already had their potions books.

The last book they had to get was The Monster Book of Monsters, Hari of course already had her copy, but Draco needed to get his. The assistant looked rather scared when Draco asked for The Monster Book of Monsters. She looked around 18, must have just graduated.

She drew on a pair of very thick gloves, picked up a large, knobbly walking stick, and proceeded toward the door of the Monster Books' cage. "They're terrifying, I've been bitten 7 times already." She was about to reach in looking scared, when Hari tapped her on the shoulder. The woman looked at her, Hari gestured to herself, then the books. "Sure, go ahead, you try." The woman said, looking relieved, "Just don't blame me when you get bitten."

Hari slowly opened the door, and stroked the spine of the nearest book, then the next, and then the next, until they were all calm, then she took one out and handed it to Draco.

"How did you do that!?" The woman asked

"You stroke their spine, calms them down for a bit." Draco said, after Hari looked at him, making it obvious she wanted him to answer.

"What's your name dear?" The woman asked her

"Cassandra Hill." Draco once again answered for her. "She's really shy," He added when the woman looked confused.