Letters

[Draco Malfoy POV]

Draco was bored, bored out of his mind. His parents had gone to Paris without him, and he had been left in Malfoy Manor with an annoyed Severus Snape to keep an eye on them. Severus had only agreed because of the beautiful potions lab the Malfoy's had.

Now Draco was wandering around the lower parts of the Manor where the servants stayed because he had had explored everywhere else, but technically wasn't allowed there.

He was wandering around when he found a large stack of letters in one of the cabinets near the house elf quarters. There was a bunch of weird rolled paper that had odd lines on it and was very thin. As he'd never seen any paper other than parchment, he unrolled one of them.

Ron,

Please, help me, get me out of here, they are hurting me. 

Hari Potter.

Shocked, he opened another one:

Dear Professor McGonagall,

Please, help me, get me out of here, the Dursleys are hurting me. 

Hari Potter.

There were at least twenty roles of such paper. Draco picked up the pile of letters, stuffing them into his pockets, before running off to find Severus.

"Severus!" he yelled, running into the potions lab. When he didn't see him, he yelled"Severus!"  again.

"I'm right here." Snape said annoyed to be bothered while working, stepping out from behind a bubbling cauldron. "This better be important."

Draco wordlessly showed him the letters. Severus read them, then looking so angry he could explode, he grabbed a hold of Draco's wrist, and apperated.

The familiar sensation of being pulled through a tight tube occurred, and then Draco was standing outside a muggle house. with a number four beside the door.

 with a number four beside the door

Severus slammed open the door. He was terrifyingly angry. "Petunia!" He bellowed, his wand still held in front of him as if he knew he would have trouble.

A bony woman with blonde hair, a rather horsey face and a very long neck wearing a pink dress ran into the room, followed closely by a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, and a large pig like boy with thick blond hair.

On seeing Severus she backed away looking terrified "Snape! Get out of my house!"

"Where is Hari Potter?" Severus almost growled. 

Petunia cowered, and her son hid behind his father. "She's in that cupboard, there. Under the stairs."

Snape stepped forwards, waving his wand. The door unlocked. Inside the tiny cupboard Hari, curled up in the fetal position. So covered in bruises it was impossible to tell where they stopped. 

Severus knelt beside her, carefully wrapping her in the ripped and frayed blanket she was in, and gently picking her up. When he turned back to the Dursley's, he was even angrier, if that was even possible.

"What do you have to say that will stop me cursing you right now."

"YOU'RE FREAKS! ALL OF YOU!!!"

"Where's are her things?" Severus said, raising his wand even more threateningly.

"In a cupboard in the pantry."

"Go get them."

The fat man and son did so, coming back with everything. Severus flicked his wand. The trunk broom and cage disappearing. Presumably to Malfoy Manor. Severus took one last look at them, presumably considering whether to hurt them, the took Draco by the arm, and disaperated.

[Hari's POV]

When Hari awoke she didn't open her eyes. Her cupboard was dark, and she wouldn't be able to see anyway. She just wanted it to end. Then she noticed the sun against her eyelids... Sunlight? She slowly opened he eyes to see that she was in a bed in a very green and black room. She wondered where she was, the last thing she remembered was being beaten into unconsciousness. She sat up gingerly, hurting everywhere. Then she saw the person sitting beside her bed. It was Draco Malfoy, passed out in a chair, obviously supposed keeping an eye on her. Why was Malfoy here?

He awoke, jerking into a sitting position. Hari involuntarily recoiled slightly at the sudden movement.

'Where am I?' Hari signed raising her sore arms.

"Malfoy Manor. Don't worry, Severus glamoured you so to anyone other than the three of us, you look like you have blond hair and light skin, like you could be my cousin."

'Why?'... 'how?'

"For some reason a bunch of your letters were in our basement. The paper was weird so I opened one, wondering what it was. I took it to Severus, after seeing you needed help, and he aperated us to your house and rescued you."

'Thank you,' she paused, confused, 'My letters? Do you have an elf named Dobby?'

"We do, how do you know that?" he frowned, "Wait, why did he have your letters?"

'He took them, to stop me from going to Hogwarts. 'apparently something bad is going to happen this year.'

Just then Snape walked in. He looked extremely relieved that she was awake. He moved next to her and raised his hand. She flinched away, covering her face. They were just going to hurt her, she felt Snape's hand on her shoulder and she curled up into a ball. Snape removed his hand. Scared, not wanting to be touched, she curled into the smallest ball possible, bracing to be hit. Her breath coming in short gasps. Please don't hurt me.... please don't hurt me.... that's all she could think. Then a soft smaller hand was on her bare arm, gently taking her hand. Softly holding it just waiting until she more comfortable. She squeezed Malfoy's hand in thanks, for some reason comfortable with him. She started to cry, and he moved to sit next to her on the bed, pulling her into a light gentle hug. Just holding her. Eventually she calmed down, and her breathing slowed. 

She looked up at Snape. 'I'm sorry, please don't touch me.' 

"No, I should have thought of that, it's my fault." Snape said '"I've contacted Molly Weasley, you will go to stay with her in four days because Draco's parents are coming home." He looked down at her."You should get changed."

She glanced down at herself, she was wearing Dudley's old gigantic ripped tee-shirt. with nothing but undergarments under it. She nodded. Draco pulled away from her, and started to leave. 'Don't leave me. I don't want to be alone.' He frowned, had she upset him, oh no. Please don't be mad.. at her distress, the look changed to more one of sadness or pity.

"I'll be right outside the door." He left, closing the door slowly. She made her way to the closet wincing as she moved. She felt as though the room was closing in on her... she didn't want to be alone. The closet held several tee-shirts and jeans which she put on. The longer she was alone, the harder it was to function. She grabbed her wand, shoved it into her pocket and practically ran to where Draco waited.