Mad-Eye Moody

It was pointless, the sandy haired boy didn't stir. His empty eyes watching the heavens, the stars he had so loved flying beneath. Hari sobbed on his chest as the masses of people poured down onto the pitch.

Hari was dragged away from Cedric and she fought tooth and nail to stay with him.

And then she was being carried over someone's shoulder, their gait uneven, one leg heavier than the other. The world spun around her as she was carried, the pain from her injuries and the shock of Cedric's death overwhelming her.

She was placed into a chair and the world focused slightly around her.

Mad-Eye Moody stood in front of her, staring at her intensely.

"What happened Hari?" 

#) Cup was a portkey. (# She swayed and gripped onto her chair for support. #) Took me and Cedric to a graveyard.... Voldemort... he-(#

"The Dark Lord was there? What happened then?"

#) got his body back.... (#

"The Dark Lord got his body back? He's returned?"

#) With death eaters, then I duelled Voldemort. (#

"You duelled the Dark Lord?" He said excitedly, Hari noticed the use of Dark Lord but her brain didn't register it. "And the Death Eaters? They returned?"

Hari nodded weakly.

"How did he treat them?" Moody asked quietly. "Did he forgive them?"

Hari remembered something, #)there's a death eater! Here at Hogwarts! You have to catch them! (# she tried to stand but Moody forced her back into her seat.

"I know who the Death Eater is," he said quietly.

#) Karkaroff? Have you got him? Is he locked up? (#

"Karkaroff?" said Moody with an odd laugh. "Karkaroff fled tonight, when he felt the Dark Mark burn upon his arm. But that doesn't matter. How did you manage to break the imperious potion? (#

#) Being forced to torcher Ce- (# Hari froze, #) How did you know- I didn't say anything about that?! (#

"He forgave them, then?" Moody ignored her question. "The Death Eaters who went free? The ones who escaped Azkaban?"

#) What? That's not important. (#

"I asked you," said Moody, pointing his wand at her throat. "whether he forgave the scum who never even went to look for him. Those treacherous cowards who wouldn't even brave Azkaban for him. The faithless, worthless bits of filth who were brave enough to cavort in masks at the Quidditch World Cup, but fled at the sight of the Dark Mark when I fired it into the sky."

#)You fired . . . (#

"Did he punish them? Did he torture them?I Tell me he hurt them, Hari. . . ." Moody's face was suddenly lit with an insane smile. "Tell me he told them that I, I alone remained faithful... prepared to risk everything to deliver to him the one thing he wanted above all... you. And I still will."

Hari threw herself to the floor to avoid the stunning spell.

She scrambled behind the chair, using it to block another curse sent at her.

"You just won't die will you. My lord goes out of his way to give you the honour of dying at his hand and you refuse to bow to him. Unacceptable."

The chair cracked under the pressure of the third spell that hit it. The forth crumbled it to dust in her hands. Wandless, Hari crawled weakly backwards. He cast another spell and Hari was blasted back into a corner of the room. Her injured leg hit one of the many glass instruments that lay scattered around the office, exploding it around her, and she chocked out a sob of pain.

[Remus's POV]

Remus sprinted down the corridors of Hogwarts, following Sirius, as the big black dog ran with his nose to the ground, tracking Hari's scent. His cub has disappeared so suddenly and Remus was scared out of his mind. Where was she? Had a death eater gotten her?

They rounded a corner and Sirius came to a stop, turning back into himself. A reducto blasted the door down in front of him and the best auror in the task force threw himself into the room with a shield in front of him, Remus sprinting through the door after him.

Mad-Eye Moody stood over their cub as she lay by the back wall where she seemed to have been blasted, surrounded by shards of broken glass. Remus rushed to her side while Sirius placed himself between his boyfriend, goddaughter, and the man who wanted to harm them; ready to take on the wizard whom he believed to be the most renowned auror who had ever lived.

Remus pulled his tiny cub into his arms and she curled into a ball in his lap.

#) He's a death eater in disguise. (# Hari managed to whimper into his shoulder and Remus yelled the information to Sirius as he blasted a curse back at fake Moody. They traded curse after curse as Remus held up a shield around him and Hari.

Sirius blasted the man back, relieving him of his wand and binding him to a chair. He cast his patronus, a massive wolf running off with his message, before dropping to his knees at Remus's side, looking at the small girl cradled in his arms. Sirius wrapped his arms around the two of them as Remus gently stroked Hari head as it nodded slowly onto his shoulder as she gave into her exhaustion now that she knew she was safe.

Remus stood slowly, Sirius helping him shift her weight in his arms without waking her.

Remus just stood there holding her as Sirius walked over to Albus, Minerva and Severus as they entered the room. Albus and Minerva turned with Sirius to look at fake Moody, but Severus walked over to Remus, looking Hari over.

"You should take her down to the Hospital wing Remus, I'm sure Black, Minerva, Albus and I can handle this.

"No." Albus said curtly, "Wake her up, she needs to watch this."

Remus growled, glaring at the headmaster. "You are not waking up my cub just so that she can suffer more. Sirius can tell it about it later."

Sirius quickly put his arm around Remus's shoulders, calming the wolf that was rising. "Remus is right, I will tell her what happened, later after she has woken up of her own accord and is less in shock of tonight's events." 

"She needs to watch this, it's important that she underst-"

 "She can give her testament later." Sirius interupted, "I'm the highest ranking auror in this place, and though you seem to think your authority extends to the law, you are just the headmaster of a children's school. Keep that in mind on the future."

Dumbledore, though very annoyed, gave a curt nod, and Remus left.

Pay no mind to Remus's face, it didn't work