McGonagall gives no option

"The Yule Ball is approaching" McGonagall told them all at the end of one transfiguration lesson. "It is a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish."

Professor McGonagall waited for many of the girls to let out their giggles.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice. "But that does NOT mean that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way."

"Potter - a word, if you please." McGonagall said as she dismissed them. "Hari, the champions and their partners -"

#) Partners? (# Hari asked, confused.

"Your partners for the Yule Ball, Hari?" she said, seemingly baffled "Your dance partners?"

Hari's inside's shrivelled. #) Dance partners?(# She took a deep breath and continued. #)Professor, how am I supposed to dance? (#

"I'm sure we'll work that out in time." McGonagall said, "Anyways, Traditionally, the champions and their partners open the ball."

#) I can't even hear the music, how am I supposed to dance? (#

"It is traditional for the champions and their partners to open the ball." said Professor McGonagall firmly. "You are a Hogwarts champion, and you will do what is expected of you as a representative of the school. So make sure you get yourself a partner, Potter."

#) But-I don't- I can't (#

"It's not an option Potter." 

• • •

The girl who lived had a problem. Actually the girl who lived had many problems, but at the moment one was first and for most in her mind. Miss Hari Potter knew exactly who she wanted to ask to the Yule Ball. The only problem with this was, it most likely would not go down very well.

She was currently waiting by one of the many Hogwarts staircases, waiting for said person to make their way to dinner from their arithmancy class.

Hari watched as Cho Chang made her way down the hallway, surrounded by her friends.

Hari got her attention as she got closer. #) Hey Cho! Could I speak to you for a second? (#

"Yeah sure, give me a sec." She said to her friends, following Hari into the corridor she was in. "What is it?"

Hari's mind blanked as she completely forgot what she had been planning to say.

#Willyougototheballwithme.# Before she was even done, she realized that she had spoken in pasletongue.

"Ummmmm that wasn't english!" Cho said, backing away, looking slightly scared.

#) Sorry, that came out wrong! (# Hari quickly, #)I meant to ask, I mean say, I mean- (#

"Say?" Cho prompted kindly, smiling slightly. 

#) Will you go to the ball with me?(#

The smile dropped off of Cho's face. "I- I am not gay thank you very much!" She said angrily before turning to leave.