The Forbidden Forest

It was the day after Hermione had asked for her help, Hari walked through the forbidden forest, it was after dark, she had snuck out after dinner. She was searching the ground for bettaline, a common but hard-to-find magical plant that could only be found in the few hours after sunset, and for her potion, had to be picked in the night of the full moon.

She was rather deep into the woods, which was, of course, forbidden, but when did Hari ever listen to the rules. The trees were dark, and Hari shivered, the damp October cold cutting into her skin. She yawned, she was exhausted, but she had stuff to do.

The trees loomed over her, dark and twisted, she looked down at the ground again, remembering the last time she had been this deep into the forest when in her first year, she and Draco had been attacked by Voldemort and the centaur Firenze had saved them.

She glanced up, she could see the first little bit of moon appear over the horizon, then looked back down, scanning the ground for the little white blossoms coming from the mossy-looking plant.

She saw a whole patch and took out her small silver dagger, cutting of the flowers right below their head and placing them gently into her silk pouch.

She pushed through the next bunch of trees and froze at the edge of a clearing. 

Draco was standing in the middle of the clearing, it looked like he was in pain, curled forwards.

She ran forwards to him, touching his shoulder.

#) Draco! Are you alright!? What's wrong. (#

He looked up at her in fear, his eyes dilated and glowing, "what the hell are you doing here!?" He spasmed suddenly, falling forwards onto his knees, "No!" He gasped out, "don't help me! Run! RUN!"

He collapsed forwards, writhing as the full moon rose, and suddenly, Hari knew what piece of the puzzle she had missed.

"Run!" He managed to choke out one last time, and then his entire form began to change, skin and bones stretching painfully until he took on the form of a wolf.

The wolf was large and light grey blond.* He turned its head and focused its faintly glowing ice-blue eyes on her.

#) Hey there, (# she said soothingly, hoping he had taken wolfsbane, #) it's just me, it's just Hari. I'm not going to hurt you. (#

The wolf stared at her, looking confused, almost like different parts of him were waring, he seemed hesitant to attack, part of him seemed to trust her and want to protect her and part of him saw her as food.

It became apparent, about a second later though, when the wolf launched himself at her, that he had not taken any potion.

She ducked, transforming as she did so, and the wolf looked around for her in confusion before his eyes came to rest on the small brown fox, ice blue locked with emerald, and Hari looked down after a moment, signalling that she was not a threat.