Prefects

The worst thing about having The Order Of The Pheonix in Grimmauld Place was the fact that Dumbledore kept trying to talk to her. The man who she hated, kept coming into her home and trying to make her feel like she owed him something. Even his own staff were starting to turn against him. Both Minerva and Severus went out of their way to distract him so that Hari could disappear.

Hari was watering the plants in her greenhouse when Dumbledore appeared in the doorframe. "Hello Hari, I need to talk to you about-"

#) No, go away. Stop trying to talk to me. (#

"I need to talk to you, it's very important."

#) If it's about trying to manipulate into being your perfect golden girl and doing your dirty work than you can get the hell out of my garden.(#

"I need to talk to you about private lessons with me this school year."

#) Yeah nope. Go away. (#

"No I need to talk to you about-"

#) SIRIUS! (#

"Talk about Sirius?"

Sirius, who had been in the library appeared behind Dumbledore. "Not about me, to me. She's not your pawn, stop meddling where you have no right to."

"I simply need to talk to her about private lessons, she just-"

Hari took this opportunity to sneak away, disappearing into the recesses of the large house, otherwise known as her warded bedroom. 

•  •  •

It was nearing the end of the summer when the letters from the school arrived. Hari was sitting at the table in the kitchen when the literal fleet of owls flew through the windows, well more like six, but there will still a lot.

Hari gathered the letters from the owls and delivered them to their recipients. Knocking on the twins and Ron's room, she waited for one of them to open the door before stepping into the and passing them to their recipients.

They opened the letters and something fell out of Ron's. Hari picked it up.... it was a prefect pin. She held it out in front of her, #) Hey Ron, you dropped something. (#

"Hey, give that back." He tried to take it from her and Hari chucked the pin to Fred.

"Oo does Ickle Ronnie have prefect pin?" Fred cackled

"Give it back." He lunged at Fred, who chucked the pin to George, who chucked it to Hari as Ron jumped at him as well.

Grinning, Hari brandished the pin above her head, then twirling it through the air, she declared #) And with the power bestowed upon me by the higher forces, (# She knelt on one knee, holding out the pin ceremoniously #) I bestow the prefect bad upon Ro- Hey! (# She protested as he snatched it out of her hand.

"Prefect . . . ickle Ronnie the Prefect." Fred laughed

"Ohh, Mum's going to be revolting," groaned George.

#) She is, isn't she.(#

Ron ran out of the room, presumably to tell Molly about his new badge.

"Do you have one Hari?" George asked, reaching for her letter.

#) Nah, why would I? (#

"Hari's got her priorities straight."

"She's also been pissing off Dumbeldore lately."

#) I half expected him to make me one, just to have more control over me. (# She joked, #) But, as I am, I'd be a terrible prefect, wouldn't hear the trouble coming. (# her joke turned dejected.

"Hey, you'd be wonderful prefect." 

#) If you mean that, I will come for your knees. I'd be a trash prefect, and you know it, with abusing my power for pranks and all. (#

Hari shook Hermione's envelope and could feel the pin inside. #) Looks like Hermione's the prefect. Better go give this to her. It's lunchtime by the way.(#

She left the boy's room and went to find Hermione and Ginny.

She found Ginny in her room, handed her the letter, told her lunch was ready, and they kept looking for Hermione. Hermione was in the library and looked incredibly excited to receive the letter that Hari was slightly concerned.

Hermione jumped out of her chair in excitement when the prefect pin fell out. "Hari! I'm a prefect!"

#) Awesome! (#

"I thought you would get it."

#) Me? A prefect? (# Hari laughed. #) Yeah no, that would go terribly. (#

"Now that I think of that, it's true. But me? A prefect?"

#) Who were you expecting? Lavender? Anyways it's lunchtime. (#

They left the library and entered the dining room to see Molly running around in excitement.

"My little Ronald, a prefect! Oh my goodness! 'I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh, Ronnie - "

Hari, ignored the rest of her excitement and went to sit next to Fred and George, who were looking annoyed.

"She literally said, 'that's everyone in the family'" Fred complained with finger quotes.

"Yeah what are we, next-door neighbours?"

#) Yep yep, you are but next-door neighbours. (#

"You three are so annoying," Ron complained.

"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?'" said George in a falsely anxious voice.

#) We could curtsey if you like, (# Hari added

"Bow down to our ruler," Fred added.

"Oh, shut up," said Ron, scowling at the three of them.

"Or what?" said Fred, an evil grin spreading across his face. "Going to put us in detention?"

"Leave me alone."

"We're going to have to watch our step, Fred," said George, pretending to tremble, "with Ron and Hermione on our case . . ."

#) Our law-breaking days are over! (#

"We're all done for."

"Noooooooo!"

#)The tragedy.(#

"Just shut up already," Ron complained while trying to hide his smile.

•  •  •

They showed up to dinner to see a massive banner strung across the back of the room which read: CONGRATULATIONS RON AND HERMIONE NEW PREFECTS. 

Fred groaned into his fist and Hari pretended to faint dramatically, thankfully George caught her and she didn't hit the floor, though she would have totally committed to it and done it.