Dreadful Dreams

Hari was soaring through the sky, ridding on the back of an eagle owl. She was soaring though the blue sky towards an old, ivy-covered house set high on a hillside.

They flew lower and lower, the wind blowing in her face. They flew through a broken window into a dark hallway, flitting down the long dark corridor to the room at the very end.

Hari floated off of the owls back, she was now but an observer of what was to happen. Across the room, into a chair with its back to him. . . . There were two dark shapes on the floor beside the chair . . . both of them were stirring. . . .

There was a huge snake and a man, a man who Hari didn't recognize. He had short black hair and a short beard. The man was groveling before an armchair wreathed in shadow, Hari could not see who or what was within.

She could hear high cold speaking, speaking, considering that she could hear it, that could only be Voldemort. "You are in luck, Dolohov You are very fortunate indeed. Your blunder has not ruined everything. He is dead."

"My Lord!" gasped the man on the floor. "My Lord, I am ... I am so pleased . . . and so sorry. .." Hari could understand him, it was almost as though she were hearing him through Voldemort.

#Nagini,# said the cold voice again, #you are out of luck. I will not be feeding Dolohov to you, after all... but never mind, never mind . . . there is still Hari Potter. ...#

The snake hissed #Lovely Massster.# Hari could see its tongue fluttering.

"Now, Dolohov" said the cold voice, "perhaps one more little reminder why I will not tolerate another blunder from you. ..."

"My Lord ... please ... I beg you . . ."

The tip of a wand emerged from around the back of the chair. It was pointing at the man, Dolohov. "Crucio!" 

Hari's head exploded in pain and she woke up.

Her heart was pounding, her breath was coming quickly her eyes soaked and blurry. Scared, she couldn't shake the feeling of doom. Clutching her chest and trying to breath properly, she made her way down to the common room, feeling that the fire would help calm her down.

She made her way down the stairs to see a figure slumped in the sofa closest to the glowing fire. Making her way cautiously closer, squinting in the dim light, she saw that it was Fred. He was sprawled across the sofa with one arm on his chest and the other off of the sofa, over a pile of books. He must have fallen asleep studying. Trying to calm her breathing, she reached out and gently shook his shoulder. 

#) Hey... (# She whispered gently

"Hari?" Fred muttered, barely awake.

#) Yeah... Can I join you? (# The couch was large, large enough for two, and she didn't want to be alone.

Fred blinked sleepily, taking in her scared appearance before holding out his arms. She sat down on the edge of the couch then lay forwards onto his chest, hiding her head under his chin. He tilted his head down for a second, gently kissing her forehead. She lay there for a while, his fingers in her hair, feeling the soft rhythmic rise and fall of his chest under her head until she eventually drifted off into a much more peaceful sleep.

•  •  •

Hermione and Ron were supposed to be studying for exams, however they were putting most of their efforts into helping Hari prepare for the third task. Which was fine for Hermione but Ron. would probably struggle if he he didn't study more.