Scabbers

Hari was out on the quidditch pitch, one Sunday, practicing dives, which she were quite good at. She was alone except for Sirius, in dog form, in the stands.

Hari was high above the stands when she noticed a figure down on the grass, and dove down to see who it was.

As she zoomed closer to the ground she saw that it was Cedric Diggory. Pulling up just before she hit the ground, she circled upwards, before coming back to stop beside him. He started clapping, and she did a silly little bow. Cedric, who was a fifth year like twins, had taken to joining her when she was studying alone in the library.

Hi Cedric, what you doing?

He put a finger two his lips, doing a silly impression of a spy. "I'm most definitely not here spying for Hufflepuff. Here to learn the other seekers weaknesses."

Ok then, she said, smiling, care to join me? I have a practice snitch. 

Cedric nodded, "Accio broom!" His broom zoomed to him. Hari released the snitch, and the two chased after it, racing down the stadium.

•  •  •

When she got to lunch she got a letter from Hargid.

Dear Hari, How Abut having tea with me this afternoon 'round six? Bring the others if you wish.

Cheers, Hagrid

•  •  •

At quarter to six that afternoon, Hari, Hermione and Ron left Gryffindor Tower.

They made their way to Hagrid's, who poured them tea and offered them a plate of rock cakes but they knew better than to accept; they had had too much experience with Hagrid's cooking. 

After some time Hagrid stood. "Hang on, I'm fergetting somet'n, Ron I found yer rat."

He handed scabbers to Ron. 

'I'll be back.' Hari signed

Hari left the hut, getting a scrap of parchment. She wrote: We've got the rat, meet you at the whomping willow at 5:30. Taking Nimhe out of her shirt she handed the rolled parchment to the snake.

#Can you take this to Sirius and Lupin?# she hissed.

#Yessssssssss# The snake slithered off into the grass, note in mouth.

Hari made her way back into the hut. Staying for the rest of tea. As they left she asked Ron, 'Can I borrow your rat? For some schoolwork? I'll give him back later.'

Ron nodded, handing the rat over, "He's already asleep again anyway." The rat wasn't asleep, Hari had discreetly stunned him.

They made their way up towards the covered bridge. Who should be waiting but Draco and his cronies. Hari and Draco enjoyed the fake fighting, and Hari was up for one, however she didn't expect Hermione, who had been very tired recently and quite put out to step up.

Draco was just insulting Hari on her pathetic fortune in divination when Hermione stepped forwards.

She raised her wand to his face. "Don't you dare call Hari pathetic, you foul—you evil—"

Hari tried to pull her away, but Ron egged her on. Hermione turned as if to go, then turned hack and slapped Draco across the face with all the strength she could muster. Malfoy staggered. Hari, Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle stood flabbergasted as Hermione raised her hand again. Hari grabbed the hand and pulled her along past the Slytherins.