End of Year Four

Sorry that this chapter's a bit time jumpy, I just wanted to finish the fourth book.

Hari ran into Amos and Ellen Diggory as she wandered the halls. Tears sprung into Ellens eyes again as she saw the small girl and she darted forwards, pulling Hari into a hug. Understanding the woman's grief, Hari simply stood there, hugging her friend's mother for as long as she needed. 

After she was released, Hari pulled the 1000 galleon pouch from her bag. #)Mrs Diggory-(#

"Call me Ellen." The woman gave a small smile through her tears.

#) Ellen, Mr Diggory.... I don't deserve this. (# She pushed the pouch into Ellen's hands, trying to make her take it. #) Cedric should have won this, not me.... please take it, you should have it. (#

Ellen shook her head, refusing to take the pouch. "Ced would want you to have it, you were a really good friend of his. Buy yourself something nice." She dug in her bag, "There's actually something I wanted to give you." She held out a bag, "There was a note on the outside of this to remind himself to give it to you." Hari took the bag tentatively. Ellen wiped her eyes, "I should get going, bye Hari."

#)Bye.(#

They walked away and Hari walked down three corridors to find the small room near the dungeons before opening the bag.

There were two books. The first had a niffler sketched across the cover and Hari opened it to find, Caring for Nifflers, and Keeping Them Out of Mischeif - A Guide by Greenste Beden. The second book looked similar to her textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but was in fact called Caring for Rare or Dangerous Magical Creatures by Bathghes Rossmar

The last thing in the bag was a Hufflepuff scarf. She unwrapped it to find a small piece of parchment inside. - You never wear yours because it's never the right temperature, here's one that's charmed to always be the perfect one. Crying, Hari curled up, wrapping the scarf around herself.

•  •  •

Hari, still wearing Cedric's scarf, entered the great hall that evening with Hermione, Ron and the twins to see that the usual decorations had been replaced by long black drapes hanging from the ceiling and yellow flowers surrounding the walls  for Cedric. All of Hufflepuff looked incredibly sober.

The real Mad-Eye Moody was at the staff table, he looked very weak and ill, but was appreciating his pumpkin juice non the less. Karkaroff however was not at the table, as he had fled when his mark burned.

Dumbledore stood up at the staff table. "The end of another year." He paused, looking at the Hufflepuff table and their sad faces. "There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Hufflepuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory."

Every single person in the hall stood, all raising their glasses to their fallen classmate, housemate and friend.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house," Dumbledore continued after they had sat back down. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not."

There was a surge of people bowing their heads.

"As the ministry will most likely be releasing tomorrow, Cedric was murdered by Voldemort. We know this because Hari Potter managed to escape, trying to save Cedric, who died protecting the both of them as she tried to get them to safety. Winning the triwizard tournament, she has received 1000 galleons and, after trying to give all of it to Amos and Ellen Diggory and having them refuse it, she instead chose to donate all of it to Saint Mungo's hospital in order to "help those who can still be saved."" He paused, "The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened - of Lord Voldemorts return - such ties are more important than ever before."

"Every guest in this Hall," his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again - in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

•  •  •

Then they were about to leave for the carriages, everything seemed to be blurring in its speed.

Long silver blond hair invaded her vision and she was Fleur right before the young woman pulled her into a hug.

"I will miss seeing you 'ari"

#) I'll miss you too. (#

"I am looking forward to seeing you again when I come to vork at Gringots! (# and then she was gone, joining the rest of the Bauxbatons crowd.

And so that was that, not a cloud in the sky and sun shining bright, Hari, Ron and Hermione got a compartment. The twins joined them partway through the ride.

Hari got off the train and Sirius appareted her back to Grimauld Place. They joined Remus in the kitchen for an early supper so that they would have time to prepare before Remus's transformation.

The mood, though subdued, was homely and warm. The same could not be said for some places.

[Draco's POV]

Draco stepped off the Hogwarts Express, immediately apparating with his mother to Malfoy Manor.

He froze as they appeared in the drawing room. A tall man in raggedy black robes stood before him, next to Lucius, he had sharp yellow teeth and nails and long matted grey hair. Draco was pulled roughly away from Narcissa and wands pressed against both their throats.

"Hello Draco," he smiled cruelly, "a friend of mine told me that you both snuck away to dance with the Potter girl at the Yule ball, and was the person she cared about the most, and let's just say... some of us, including your father here, are not very.....well.... impressed."

(I actually managed to find the artist this time: Mafer Munuera [artstation])

You guys KNOW how much I love cliff hangers. :P