Wow, an actual update? Shocker!

Hey everyone, I'm not dead, I've been really overwhelmed by school and also unsure of where exactly I'm going with this book (I do know how it ends don't worry), but I hope to update soon and do my best to finish this story for all of you out there who care about it.

I would like to share a note that I also shared in the introduction

(bold stuff is also in the introduction)

NOTE :

Hey guys, I want to put as a disclaimer that I am not deaf, nor do I have any hearing disabilities and am not trying to claim that. I know a lot of the representation, facts and stuff in this fanfic are wrong, and I'm doing my best to fix it. I started this story four years ago, when I was 14. Like damn, that's a long time. I wouldn't have started a story like this now without the ton more research I have done since, but at this point I am committed and just doing my best to get it done and give it justice.

This story concept spoke to me as Hari felt lost and helpless in a world she didn't understand, much as I did, a homeschooled (unknowingly neurodivergent) kid in their first year of public high school. I can show my emotions on this a lot better now, and am in a very different phase of my life. Having just started the sixth book, I will be doing my best to finish the series, so please just bear with me as I do my best to tie up all the chaos and loose threads that my younger self left me.

This fanfic is absolutely chaotic, and has probably acted as a sort of therapy for me over the years... mostly for things that I don't really relate to as much anymore, like the feeling of helplessness in an unknown world, feeling ashamed for being different, outed and looked at differently for queerness, and just wanting someone to care. And now that I've grown as a person, and gained the confidence around my identity and self, I don't really need this particular story to the same degree anymore.

I am trying to finish it, I'm doing my best for you guys, I owe it to you after the purposefully caused pain and the cackling at the comments of "SAY IT WITH ME: NO KILLING CEDRIC NO KILLING CEDRIC", "JSFDHFJSHDFKJFS IM SO EXCITED YET SO SCARED", "wow. not the most sadistic author I've seen but up there"  or "what just happened? please tell me this isn't real" and "You know a stories good when it makes you physically and audibly gasp I really hope this isn't real though". I've really enjoyed reading them, I love comments, and it brought a bit of light to the darkness that was my brain. Thank you.

So now that I've totally poured out my heart to you guys, here's the next chapter.

__________________

(reminder that the full newspaper articles are in the last chapter)

No one knows where Hari is, or if she's safe. This reporter hopes she is alright and not somewhere terrifying an dangerous but unfortunately, knowing Dumbledore, that is unlikely.

The search is still on. Miss Potter, if you are reading this, please let your friends know that you are safe and inform the Ministry of your whereabout so we can all stop worrying about you.

As ever readers, we remain faithful to you.

Rita Skeeter.

Ginny Weasley crumpled up the newspaper and threw it against the wall angrily.

"I'm sure she's alright."  George said, "maybe frustrated of her mind with Dumbledore, but he wouldn't hurt her."