Chapter fourty two

"She's coming around." I could hear someone saying in an echoing fashion as my conciseness regained some clarity. I wasn't sure at all how long I'd been out only that when my eyes began to open there was a blinding light that didn't seem like the sun of Teth. Groaning I turned my end to the side feeling a fuzzy sensation across my skin as the sound of a heart monitor grew clearer to my senses.

"...what...what, happened..?" I murmured while trying to reach a hand up to my forehead only to find it hooked to some machine. As I blinked hard I tried to remember what had happened, but everything was a daze.

"(Y/n), (y/n) are you awake?" I kind friendly voice asked as a cool refreshing hand came to rest upon mine. Even with the confusion I still felt I recognised that voice.

"Mhm..." I murmured while turning my head and trying to look towards the blurry figure. Ah that's right, my connection to the force was cut. That was why my vision was still blurred even despite the fact I was feeling better. Actually that was a lie, my body ached like hell and my throat burned.

"Don't move to much Loth-cat, just relax." The voice responded softly revealing to me in there words just who it was. Leia, this must've been one of the days she volunteered at the temple. I smiled a little as I just made out the blue of her lekku. And the dark purple of her dress.

"Leia...ah am I glad to see you," I spoke hoarsely while trying to squint and see if anyone else was there. But then I found it near impossible to find anyone else in the white blur, though I could still hear others nearby. "...who else is here.,?" I asked quietly as I gave up on figuring out who else was about.

"Ah right, well there's me, a couple of nurses, Captain Dice is just outside, oh and I heard master Yoda was going to head down to see you." Leia responded while rubbing circles on the back of my hand with her fingertips. I nodded slightly and closed my eyes as I took onboard her words. I was most reassured by having her here most, but it was also nice to here Dixie was nearby and Master Yoda was heading down. However having master Yoda make a visit did put me slightly on edge since it made it seem this could be serious. I really wished Anakin was here, but I had to be glad he continued with the mission without me.

"Okay," I responded after a moment keeping my eyes closed and just resting. "...Do they know what's wrong with me?" I asked trying not to show the worry I felt in my voice as I tried to push all those troubling thoughts from my mind. I felt Leia's hand five mind a little squeeze.

"I'm sorry Loth-cat...they're not sure what's wrong just yet." She responded in an apologetic yet soothing voice. Those her words were soft they couldn't bring me much comfort, how could I rest easy not knowing what was going to happen to me. Still, at least I wasn't captured on Dooku's ship this time.

"I see..." I responded quietly trying not to let panic increase my heart rate. Another thought then enter r my mind as I began to spiral and I quite suddenly sat up. I could hear the machines around my whir and bleep loudly, and I felt two cool hands come to rest on my shoulder to steady me. "Ari..!" I gasped with the realisation she wasn't here.

"Whoa whoa, easy! She's fine (y/n), she's fine, completely unharmed and continuing with the mission alongside Anakin." Leia quickly responded while steadying me, her words this time bringing me relief and comfort. Ari was safe, she was with Anakin, she'd be alright. I relaxed my shoulders a little and breathed a sigh of relief as I heard the door open.

"Everything alright? I heard a commotion." I just about heard a familiar voice say while I was in the midst of calming myself down.

"Everything's just fine thank you Captain." Leia responded while trailing her hands back from me as I lay myself back against the hospital pillows.