Chapter one hundred and two

"Anakin stop...someone might see us."

-An hour earlier-

"Wow; you and so I wan must've seriously practised to get that good at dancing, Satine is one very lucky lady." I hummed with a chuckle as we left the dance floor back to our seats at the side. I was slightly out of breath from the hurried steps and such that had come with the flurry of movements, kept quite literally on my toes. It weren't as though I were unfit, with all the battles we'd faced and missions we'd been fitness wasn't the question. Nerves, that's what had caused me to loose track of my breathing, dancing before so many people was a lot of pressure after all.

"She really is," Anakin chuckled I. Response as he ordered us two drinks with no words required. An arm sling around my shoulder he pulled me gently against his chest with a great smile across his lips. The both of us were so so happy, happy to finally be the couple we always dreamed we could be.

"Though she has had to raise that child of theirs all on her own." He added with another small laugh as he ran his fingers back through his hair. I however was distracted entirely by what he had said and turned to look his way with furrowed brows. He had to be kidding, no way Obi wan would have admitted to such a thing...right?

"Oh I didn't tell you about that did I?" He persisted to say looking back to meet my eyes with a guilty sort of smile. "Remember when there was that explosion at the senate building? Obi wan and I had a heart-to-heart while waiting for the situation to be stabilised, he admitted to me that it was probable Korkie was his son - I mean you've seen the kid, he's the spitting image of Obi wan." Anakin replied in explanation with a mischievous sparkle to his eyes and a kind softened look to his otherwise sharpened features. He then kissed the top of my head and rubbed my shoulder letting me rest my head to his shoulder.  I chuckled at this revelation, we'd suspected, well hoped for a while now that Obi wan and the Duchess were indeed a thing but never had any kind of confirmation.

Not until now.

"Wow...never thought him the type, do you think Satine told him or that he just found out more recently by accident?" I decided to ask as I looked but up into the eyes of my bow husband. He glanced off towards the dance floor for a short minute in contemplation. It was easy to believe that Duchess Satine may have get Korkie a secret, both to protect her standing and his. If the republic had somehow found out then it would've been reported to the council and so I wan would loose everything he'd worked so hard for. So it was a fair assumption the given Korkie may be his son she wouldn't tell Ono wan about his existence.

"That seems likely...she seems like the type to put the well being of others before her own." Anakin replied as he looked back to meet my gaze and gave a small slightly sad smile. It was certainly a shame the pair couldn't be together, perhaps with our union, more Jedi would be allowed to form bonds of attachments. We'd certainly be setting an example, actually it was a lot of pressure when thought about.

"She is: she was our  designated driver when we went out," I replied with a hum remembering the eventful evening of drinking and dancing. The last day before the rest of my life within his comforting arms. It was a night to celebrate for sure but not because it was the end of my freedom.

Because it was the beginning of a most beautiful life with the man I loved and the daughter we cherished...

"..,hey...who was yours by the way?" I asked breaking the comfortable silence and tilting my head to look up to his face. His brows furrowed then one quirked up in question to which I lightly punched his arm. "Your designated driver dummy, who was it?" I clarified with a role of my eyes.

"Oh right," he hummed with a chuckling nod. "...yeah we didn't have one of those: Obi wan volunteered but as you probably realised I made it my mission to get him utterly wasted - totally worth it too." He added to try and clear things up in his own 'Anakin Skywalker' fashion. I chuckled with a shake of my head and again lightly wrapped my knuckle to his chest.